• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NPU350 Waterpump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kohan

Registered
Wow look my firs post here, i'm soo exited. Just want to say what a nice forum you guys got here, it helped me out so many times its about time i post something.

Does anybody have any experience with this water pump the specs are HERE Its basically a 300 Gallons Per Hour and Max Head 9 Ft. Im asking because im trying to pot a wc system together but this is the only pump that i can get locally for a reasonable price. Thanks for any help.

WELCOME!!!

It looks like to me that it could only only be used as a submerged in water. and its kindda big :p I have no idea on its reliability or anything but Headroom looks pretty nice. 300GPH seems good for regular setups.

did u guys read the page or just look? The pump is designed for either inline, or submerged use. In the break away image it looks like a good sized impeller, and a decent sized motor housing. If i saw this pump locally and for a reasonable price i would definately snatch it up and give it a shot. Looks nice and about the size of my ehiem 1250, a bit fatter and shorter. I like the rubber surround for the motor casing, could help with noise/vibration a bit. Give it a shot and post the results :D.

J.

Thank you guys for yore help i really appreciate it. About the pump- i found that pump at a local gardening center in Canada for 75 bucks the guy that was selling it was a water pump expert or something and he told me that that pump can outperform just about any pump in its GPh level and would be quitter than any other mostly because of the rubber casing. I was thinking even if you have a pump would in it not help to put some rubber around it that would cut down on vibration and block some noise too. Just wondering what you guys think.

75 is a little steep for a 300gph pump. you could get an ehiem 1250 for less than that. Still, with the rubber casing and all, and it looks like a very well built pump. think the ehiem is 317gph with a 6' head. so u got a little extra head there. I still say give it a shot. Looks great.

J.

Back