• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reboot problems on Abit IC7's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lbbo2002

Have any of you had this problem. There is a thread running on Abits forum which I list here for reference:

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17917

I have just rebuilt the O/S (XP) to eliminate any application problems. I have the updated O/S with patches, display drivers, and the STAR LAN satellite network loaded. I still have the same reboot issue while surfing or running web apps in IE 6.

I have set the system back to stock other than PAT and memory volts is 2.7.

System specs:

IC7-G P43.0 800 CPU w/HT on
4 X 512 gig Buffalo PC3200 - 2.5,3,3,7 (releaxed)
2 X 120 Western Digital 8meg cache in RAID 1
1 X 36 Raptor on INTEL R
2 X CD/DVD drives (Sony DVD 500U, Lite-on 52x CD+RW
9500pro ATI 128 meg video on 3.5 cat drivers
420w Antec PSU - Rails read good and stable
XP latest patches
PAT - Auto, Auto, Auto, disabled, disabled

I had the machine for a month and never had any issues during any of my burn-in or my kids playing games (Morwind, Diable II, and UT). It was a rock!

So I am thinking power supply, maybe the UPS its on now or the STAR LAN as they the only difference? This ring a bell for anyone else.

Could it be ATI card? I mostly have had Nvidia so not as up on ATI.

Any Ideas... as I seem to get the weird ones :)

I'm having the same problem but haven't figure it out yet. I'm eaning towards it being a PSU problem.

Well it was the StarLan Network for me with the Intel v8 gigalan driver update. Now everything is fine. Damn drivers. Updated to the latest version of the StarLan Network driver and my dad is back in business.

I think I will stick with my DSL, that satelite junk still needs work

Back