• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rebuilding my WC have a ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AndrusLRoc

I'm fixin to rebuild my water cooling in my main rig with 3 #rotor style blocks I just finished building and a danner mag3 to replace my aging 1048. Anyway, my question is, I have it setup now running in series pump>rad>cpu>gpu>nb>res>pump I'm tryin to decide if I should put a Y fitting right after the cpu and run parallel to the gpu and nb, is it worth using the extra space to put the Y fitting in or just keep it running series? Thanks for any help!

-Andy

If you run it paralle you might get uneven flow to the blocks

the nb and gpu will probably have a greater resisitence than the cpu block

i'd go series less work :)

I just thought that if I ran it series it would reduce my overall flow and running parallel would keep the flow up. I dunno, series is a lot easier. Gonna rebuild it this afternoon if my 9800pro comes via ups today. :D

Parallel is the way to go... or at least split up the CPU block from the rest....

My rig now, runs 5 blocks all together, in a parallel config, with the CPU making the one leg, and the 4 others, in series, making the other leg. the fact that you would get more flow going for the CPU block, in such configuration would be very much to your advantage, considering the heat production levers of the particular chips the blocks are stuck to....

by 2nd loop runs a chipset-block, GPU-Block, GBLchip-Block and hdd block... all pin-grid and all in line, so you can imagine the restrictive-ness of that leg...... and it's exactly what I want, because now the bulk of the flow goes for where it is needed most.

When running several blocks its usually better to run them in series as 1. its easier 2. temp change isnt much 3. it takes up less space. Only thing that I would run in parallel are heatercores

Back