• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot Diode Temp - Barton on A7N8X DLX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mfjonny

I just swapped up from a 2100 Tbred B on a KT400 (gigabyte GA-7VAXP) to a Asus A7N8X DLX 2.0 and a Barton 2500... I am currently running at 200x11 at stock voltage and I'm testing on PRIME as I type.

NOW, my diode temp at 100% load is hovering around 47C with a case temp around 24C. I'm using SLK900a with Tt SmartFan 2 on temp control, currently whirring at around 4000 RPM.

What kind of diode temps is everybody running at on their 2.0 boards? Is 47C high? My old chip (Tbred) on the KT400 chip used to run a lot cooler, but then again the gigabyte chips were notorious for having flaky temp sensors. I just want to get a sense of where I stand against other boards running similar setups.

Also, here's a strange little tidbit: I burned in for about 48 hours running at 100x11 at 1.85 volts and my temps were about 2~3 degrees COOLER. I'm currently running all my oc adjustments at stock voltage (1.65) and I'm noticing that everytime I raise the FSB, the load temp seems to go up. Anyone else notice this?

My diode temp is a bit higher than yours, at idle im 49 or so, heads upto 59 but i am running 2.4Ghz @ 1.85V. Id say dont worry as long as your system is stable :)

I'm a little late on this one. Aircooled with vantec aeroflow my diode temps were 58C with 28C ambient, 2500+@2300MHz, 1.75V.
Switched to Maze4 waterblock (and a bong cooler) and diode temps dropped to about 35C, same ambient temps, 2450MHz, 1.80V.
Now running chilled water at 6C through the Maze4. Diode temps are 23C, ambient doesn't matter anymore, 2532MHz, 1.80V.
These temps all under load (Prime95 and Folding gromacs).

Back