• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which nForce2 chipset driver to use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mfjonny

I have the Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 with the Soundstorm APU. I installed the latest unified chipset driver that I downloaded from the NVIDIA website and so far i'm not having any problems with my sound.

Now I've read that Asus used a modified soundstorm APU (either that or a modified MCP-T) and that I'm suppose to use the drivers from the Asus website.

Is this true? Which drivers are you deluxe 2.0 owners using on your rigs?

rumors, rumors, rumors........

all of the drivers that i have found worked just fine....its how you uninstall previous drivers is what's causing problems.......i personally update drivers individually over old ones.....no problems here.....just a bit of advice though.....just for sake of it when updating gart i first uninstalled graphics drivers then rebooted....updated gart...rebooted...installed graphics.....

Supposedly, the new nforce drivers are really good. Better sound quality and faster boot times have been reported.

Check out this thread for more info.

Matt

After clean format and install, the new 3.13 are running great.

HOWEVER, i am now getting new nvidia audio codecs for download on windows update, the driver date is 4 days newer then the ones downloaded off of 3.13...

What the heck is that? Anybody else get that off of 3.13 UDP?

you bet....

that threw me off also.....the only driver i have EVER downloaded from update site was monitor driver......thats it.....i try to stay away from those drivers as much as possible....i downloaded graphics driver once and it was amazing that it the advanced tab for adjusting aa and such was not even present....even though driver size was similar size as nvidias driver size.....oh no!!! they got to go!!!

I am gettintg a similar result through Win update, but it is for my nVidia 5600 Ultra. Just downloaded the newest drivers, MS Upd. is trying to install older ones. They just want to have thier hand in everything, I guess.

I had to go back to my backups to get to 2.45 after updating to 3.13. I could not shut down Windows because of an IDE problem (drives were not turning off) and I lost my rear speakers in almost everything (and since my headphones, which I wear most of the time, are actually my rear speakers this was not that acceptable). Those two major issues made me go back to 2.45.

I don't know if they will ever fix those two issues but until they do, I am not going to newer drivers.

Also, this was not due to how I installed the drivers, although the reasons why I had so many problems is not really known...

Back