• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My External Rig so far

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Couger

Registered
Hi everyone

Im new to water cooling heres the box i have made

Its going to contain the rad and pump with UV lamps etc

EXTERNAL BOX.JPG

heres how i gain access to inside

BOX WITH LID OFF.JPG

Im looking to fit the 120.1 rad not choosen pump yet

Regards Couger:)

Last edited:
Hi

Will it make any difference getting the 120.2 over the 120.1,
I suppose i could fit the 120.2 side ways on

The size of the Box is HxLxW = 160mm x 480mm x 200mm

its the size of my pc im going to sit the pc on top of it with some rubber pads in place to prevent vibration

Thanks Couger:)

Looks really good though, if you sit your rig on top, make sure it can support the weight.

Lol

I tested it put both of my hands on the left and right of the Box and leaned forward putting all my body weight on it and it took it

also when Rad etc are inside it will be stronger:)

That picture is really huge - 400Kb might want to resize it ;) but looks very nice so far! How are you planning on feeding tubing in/out? Mounting fans and stuff? If that's glass be careful :) welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum

I plan on cutting 2 holes a bit bigger than 1/2inch tubing on the back face of the box with gromets to stop pipes being cut,
dont know where im going to cut the holes untill i get the rad and pump in and install them,

Its made of perspex too glass would be to tricky and dangerous

The sides are tall and wide enough to mount 120mm fans straight to the perspex.

Sorry about pics resized now:p

Last edited:
hey im building the same thing but a little bit bigger. I was planning on doing the edges like you did with diamond plate. were are you mounting your radiator?

Hi all

<ACIDBURN> hey im building the same thing but a little bit bigger. I was planning on doing the edges like you did with diamond plate. were are you mounting your radiator?

Hi m8 im mounting a 120.2 rad on the longest side with 2 fans sucking air through the matrix then placing 2 x 120mm fans on either end pulling air out that the fans on the rad sucked in creating equal presure through the box

Ven0m Is it glass / plexi / lexan ?

Hi m8 its plexi all sides were cut from a 2 x 4 sheet from my local DIY store

ILikeMy240sx It looks too reflective to be plexi... i might be wrong but looks sweet. It would looks even better with neons in it mmmmm

Hi m8
um im afraid it is plexi lol i spent ages polishing it and it does look sweet i will be taking more pics when parts get here also getting UV lamps for the Box and for the inside of my pc i cant wait its gonna look cool

Ill keep you all posted
Any questions about it feel free to ask

Back