• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can a A7N8X Deluxe Ver. 1 Hit 200 Mhz ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snapmando

Hi all,

Been a long time since I've been on..........

I have a version 1 board and I've been trying to hit 200 Mhz, with stability..

Can this be done?

I ran the board at 200 with an 8X multi at 1.75 vcore, ran prime and I recieved a hardware error...

I have 512 DDR Twin CorsiarXMS 3200, and I wanna use the memory at it's 400 Mhz rating...

The highest stable overclock to date 2.24, but I really wanna push the Mhz now..

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Snapmando

I have a friend on another forum who made it to 200 FSB stable on his 1.04 A7N8X-Deluxe with no mods, and his 2100+.

But he got lucky - most people require a volt mod for 200 FSB stability. The volt mod instructions are at the top of this part of the forums :)

I'm running a 2500+ Barton on that version board at 11x200 stock voltage with no problems.

Maybe you have hit the max your cpu will go?

Al

as my sig says, i'm running on a rev 1.04 at 2.2ghz... but it's notbecause i've got a high fsb... it's like 175*12.5 or something close to that. is there a huge differnece between 2.2ghz my way and 2.2 ghz by having a higher fsb and lower mult?

I am running a 1.04 stable on 10*200@1,75v, just put a little fan on the heatsink to keep the chipset cool!
I have been running for some time on 10*205 but decided to step back a little not to push it to much, had some lock-ups in 3Dmark2003 etc.

My 1.04 board has been running at 218 x 10.5, Vcore 1.85v (1.90v as reported by MBM5) rock stable without VDD mod.

thanx guys....

after reading these posts and after hearing the past nasty rumors of the rev1 boards not being able to hit 200.....i have come to conclusion to invest in some ddr400 memory and go for the gusto......;)

Smirabi or anyone willing to help me. I have a similar setup you (Smirabi) A78nx rev 1.04 with a barton 2500+ and 2 sticks of corsair cmx512-3200 c2 however I can only use one stick on my mother board. I tried Installing the second stick either on slot 3 (so that I have stick one in slot 1 and stick 2 in slot 3) or using the two sticks on slots 2 and 3, either way my board does not like using 2 sticks. This is what happens. Mobo starts ok and recognices the 1gig memory and it states that dual channels is enabled. It starts to load windows 98 but halfway thruw the win98 login it freezes. Any idea why this is happening. Second question in order to OC my board to reach 200fsb and around 2.3MHz do I need to modify this board some how? Assuming I can keep my CPU within acceptable temp range. I appreciate your input or guidance.

Forgot to mention I am using Bios 1007 from the Asus wesite and I am thinking in installing the new nforce 2 ver 2.41 drivers.

mbonell said:
Smirabi or anyone willing to help me. I have a similar setup you (Smirabi) A78nx rev 1.04 with a barton 2500+ and 2 sticks of corsair cmx512-3200 c2 however I can only use one stick on my mother board. I tried Installing the second stick either on slot 3 (so that I have stick one in slot 1 and stick 2 in slot 3) or using the two sticks on slots 2 and 3, either way my board does not like using 2 sticks. This is what happens. Mobo starts ok and recognices the 1gig memory and it states that dual channels is enabled. It starts to load windows 98 but halfway thruw the win98 login it freezes. Any idea why this is happening. Second question in order to OC my board to reach 200fsb and around 2.3MHz do I need to modify this board some how? Assuming I can keep my CPU within acceptable temp range. I appreciate your input or guidance.

Win98 is not to good to overclock and is limited to 768megs of ram. Try up grading to XP or 2000. If you need the OS contact me. IF it works with one stick and then you switch sticks and it still boots its most likely Win98.

As for getting past 200fsp on a rev1.XX its luck without the vdd mod and more MHZ on your CPU. Look in the middle and read the thread

Back