• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe or A7N8X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fccdj

which one should i get A7N8X Deluxe or A7N8X
im planning on running a barton 2500 corsair xms memory and a GeForce FX 5600 ultra

and what size psu should i use with this combo

hmm... if u plan to upgrade then get the deluxe as it has a RAID controller and will whip a standard A7N8X and the additional nic comes in handy for a laptop computer. The Dolby Digital is good to for most part although i can say the audigy 2 sounds brighter and cleaner (no hiss). Well really i would think its about the money u want to spend and beleave its just comes down to what u are using your computer for. So figure that out first.

As far as power supply the best is not at all cheap try Pc Power and Cooling if not them ( they are the best) then an Antec will do just fine.

if you don't have a need for SATA, Firewire, and just need decent onboard sound (if u need it at all) the vanilla is a great board. asus could learn from abit regarding the bios though...

i have a vanilla and am quite happy with it even after using my nf7-s. i just don't need a lot of onboard bs.

im mainly using the comp for gaming and ive heard that the dlx is a pretty good board for it

i was talking about how many wats in a psu should i need i have a generic 350w now should i upgrade it before running the mobo

I would recommend a Fortron or Sparkle power supply to you. They are fairly inexpensive and whoop most other power supplies. Here is a link. I have one without the led fan. It's 350w, which is enough for most applications, and it has a 120mm fan so it's really quiet.:)

fccdj said:
im mainly using the comp for gaming and ive heard that the dlx is a pretty good board for it

they are the same thing aside from firewire, sata, and soundstorm.

Back