• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about a7n8x deluxe dual LAN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

briant6

Registered
I'm using winxp pro and is connected online thru a router with cable internet using one of the LAN ports. My question is how do I disable the firewall from one of the LAN ports? I checked under local area connection for advanced tab but I don't see one. I notice these two LAN ports are connected by a bridge. I cant send or receive files using mirc or aim. I'm assuming it has to do with the built in LAN configuration.

I was able to receive and send files thru mirc using another computer with a pci NIC.

Thank you in advance.

Seems u have it set up to sharing files on a network if you have a bridge showing. I have a firewall and can send or receive files just fine with the same set up as your using. Are u sure aim is configured correctly? "I notice these two LAN ports are connected by a bridge. I cant send or receive files using mirc or aim. I'm assuming it has to do with the built in LAN configuration. " Well i did disabled the 3com lan port in the bios try disabling that and then run the wizard again. MSN and Yahoo work on my system as well and in fact i allow filesharing without permission for all my music on AIM with my buddies so NO it has nothing to do with the onboard nics

-linksys router
-Dlink Cable modem
-file sharing/printer network share with 3 different PCs
-and sometimes an ibm notebook computer connected to my 2nd 3com nic

thank you...I've solved my problem by running the wizard again.

Back