• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Nf7-s: its... chirping?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

futura2001

Not exactly what I was expecting from my machine, but it does seem to chirp whenever run Prime95. Any suggestions on what it is and how to stop it?

Is it giving any errors in Prime? If so then there could be something wrong with the settings in the bios.

Or are you hitting the same key like multiple times really fast? When I do that in CS it will chirp then kick me out to the stupid sticky keys windows thing. Anyone know how to permanentally disable that? :p

do you have the hardware monitor installed? on my board, if a given voltage is close to the "warning" limit set in my hardware monitor, i will get an accasional chirp sound, which, in my case, was the error beep starting, but stopping before ht ewhole beep gets out. it was because of voltages fluctuating, and momentarily peaking over a set limit. my cure was to set that specific voltage's high limit to a higher setting, and in the case with my ddr voltage, 2.99 is the highest i could set it to, so, when i was testing ram at 3.05 vdimm, i disabled that specific reading within the hardware monitor.

this is just a guess, as you have a different board than i do, but still it's an abit. good luck.

madsam - do you use an 80mm > 92mm converter to use a 92mm fan on your SLK800?

timmy, no, i just use the 92mm directly on the slk-800, as the 80mm would fit. i use the same clips, as the 80mm, but i have to stretch them over the fan slightly. the 92mm will obviously hang over the edges of the slk-800, as the fan is larger than the heatsink. also, the clips will not fit in the screw holes as they do with the 80mm fan....they will sit inward slightly , but will still fit.

if needed, i will take pics and e-mail them to you if this doesn't make sense to you. ;)

edit: nerdlogic did a tutorial on this a while back, and there was a thread on it which was pretty active for some time. nerdlogics way involved bending the clips a certain way for those who had trouble attaching the clip otherwise. i didn't need to bend the clips to fit, but rather, i forced them on...it's not that tough to do

my nf7-s just started doing this last night almost sounds like a drop of water hitting a pool of water please help

A lot of NF7's do this guys. It starts shrieking at full memory load. I'm not sure why, but mine always does it on two or three of the sections of Prime. It makes this chirping/whistling noise. It's been doing it for months on my board, and nothing has happened yet. I wouldn't worry about it.

I get a funny "eeeehhhh" sound every so often. i haven't figured it out what it is. prolly a fan that's running at 5v. Though, my comp is pretty quiet and i'm noise-sensitive (aka anal).

No, sorry man, it's only you. I can't prove that I can hear it because my Tornado and Delta are too loud. Although I have gotten so used to the noise, that I leave my computer on at night and I can fall asleep easier with the pc on, because it is like whitenoise, blocks out the random sounds that wake you up. It's really pretty nice.

Back