• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My W/C Rig! *56k warning*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CDL0012

Registered
After two weeks of building, I finally got my budget water cooled rig up and running! But I need some opinions on how to make it better. Two main goals were to build a computer cheap as possible however, not lacking performance, and to manage to fit all the water cooling components inside the computer, leaving not a visible trace outside the computer that it is water cooled.

Computer Specs:
$90 - SkyHawk Eagle Matrix Case (motorized sliding panal)
$20 - RealPC 450w PSU
$50 - BioStar M7NCD Pro v1.1
$87 - Athlon XP 2500+ @ 2.18ghz :: 218 FSB @ 10x
$150 - Connect3D Radeon 9500 > 9700
$20 - 2x256 Kingston 2100DDR 166mhz
$80 - 160gig 8mb cache 7200rpm Maxtor HD
$100 - Pioneer DVD-RW
$30 - Sony DVD Drive

*Note: Prices are shown after rebate and discounts

Watercooling Specs:
$50 - DangerDen Maze3 SHD
$50 - Black Ice Micro II (Dual 80mm fans)
$20 - Bay-Res Rev.2
$10 - Clearflex
$14 - ViaAqua 1300 (modded)

frontprofile.jpg

Button on the right top hand side of the case slides the front panal down. (motorized)

profile.jpg

I am going to paint the plates black to match with the PC, I know it clashes. :-/

slidedown.jpg

pump > radiator > cpu > res > pump

side.jpg

Edit: Temps: 37C idle / 42C Load / 26C Ambient

Last edited:
Very Nice, but I can't see the Rad, you might want to incl. pics of it.

edit: how about some temps?

Suma.

Keep an eye on those brass barbs in the plastic Via Aqua housing, I've seen WAY to many people complain about "cheap Via Aqua's" breaking and ruining their rigs when it leaks but it was because they had used brass barbs into plastic which can crack EASILY.

Yea, good call, I already cracked it, but sealed it with JB Weld... has not leaked for a good 24 hours. Still keeping my eye on it though.

Well after the modification, its no louder than the fans that cool down the radiator... however, I would not recommend in purchasing the pump due to poor quality of workmanship... but if you are on budget, its a great pump to get you going...

Looks VERY good, my friend!

If I were you, I'd take advantage of the bandwith on some pc3200 ram (which would suit your processor better). The rest looks really really great.

Back