• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Setup Help Needed :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chiyau

Hi All

I just brought a 2nd Rad and planning to put it out side the case and also planning to get rid of my BayRes and use a T line instead. The Rad will be in series and would like your opinions on how i should connect the tubings (pump, rad, rad, block etc.) and also where the T line should be placed.

Thanx

Setup.JPG

There's quite a bit of debate over which is more effective:
pump-rad-block= coolest whater to cpu
rad-pump-block=fastest, most turbulent water to cpu
I've never seen convincing proof that either is a lot better than the other. I always set it up whichever way allows neatest/shortest amount of tubing, and that's what I suggest to anybody else. In your case, least amount of tubing looks like it would be:
rad-pump-rad-cpu
I'd be more concerned with fan placement in your setup. Ideally you'd want both rads sucking cool air into the case, but if you do that you'll need a pretty good setup to exhaust that same air so there is a balance.

peace.
unloaded

thanx unloaded, rad pump rad cpu, seems to be the best setup, but not sure about where to put the T line? the rad mounted in the case has 2 shrouded fans sucking air from out of the case and the outside rad will have air from the rear 80mm fans blowing air from inside the case out.

i think you should listen to unloaded about having both pull air into the system. the second radiator using air from inside the case is going to be using much warmer air than the first rad. and it really isnt that hard to mount a big exhaust fan (or two) at the top of your case to achieve that balance of airflow.

I would put the t-fitting between the rad and the CPU block. Whether you put it between the rad on the back of the comp or the front of the comp will be up to you... whatever is easier. It looks like it would be easier if u have it between the rad in front and the block

The first picture. It seems like the most logical place to put a t-fitting because of the fact that its at the highest point. This will make bleeding your system alot easier. Also it seems like that from the CPU to Rad is pretty much a straight path... cant hurt to add a t-fitting on straight tubing

I would turn that rad on the backside around, so you don't have to run tubing out your case. It might take a bit of modding, but will eliminate extra tubing lengths and turns.

peace.
unloaded

ok this is my final setup (see HERE ), had to put the T Line on the bottom as i did not have a long enough tubing for the "cpu out" to "rad" so used the T-Line to extend the tubing.

Bleeding was hell, air was in both rads and when you shake one rad, abiut 30% of the air would escape through the T Line and the rest would got to the other rad, and had to keep shaking both rads and final after 11 hours all the air is finally gone.

the good thing is that my water temps has dropped by about 3 - 4C which is what i was hoping for so overall because of where i place my T line bleed was a biatch but waters are much better.

Back