• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7n2 Fsb Overclock Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grand Mufti

Hey what's up. I'm a relatively new overclocker and this is probably my first official overclock. I just bought an Athlon XP 2500 Barton for my MSI K7N2-L. The board runs at 333 fsb normally and i'd like to get it running at 400. The northbridge on the board only has a heatsink on it. I'm planning on moving that heatsink to the southbridge, which has no heatsink, and putting this on the northbridge...

Golden Orb

It originally was meant to cool PIII's. I took the bracket off so now all I have is the fan/heatsink. One problem I seem to have run into is that I don't know how to attach the fan to the northbridge. I'm not sure what kind of adhesive I need to do so.

Has anyone tried pumping this particular board to 400 fsb? And do you think this is adequate cooling for the northbridge?

Here is a link listing the fan specifications. It's actually a pretty good fan.

Golden Orb Specifications

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!! :cool:

well i have push my fsb to 400mhz with the stock heatsink on northbridge and a naked southbridge(using barton 2500+ and a pair of kingston value ram DDR333 , kingston chip)No problem so far!:)

Back