• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New External WC setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geeko

Registered
Well, I've been lurking and learning here for some time and am finally up and running.

Machine specs:
1700DLTC3 JIUHB 0310XPMW @ 2506 | 1.8Vcore | ABIT NF7-S v2 12.5x200 | 1.7Vchipset
2x256Mbyte Kingston HyperX 3000 2-2-2-6 | 2.8Vdimm
GAINWARD/CARDEXPERT GeForce 3 Ti200 64MB - Golden Sample
Western Digital 120GB HD - 7200rpm Special Edition
Antec True 480 Power Supply
External WC Box | 2 Parallel Rads | 8 - 92mm Fans | Danner Mag 3 | WW Water Block | 36c Idle, 42c load
Ambient = 21c

A few pics:
WCBOX_Outside.JPG

-------------------
WCBoxInside.JPG

-------------------
WCBoxInsideFront.JPG

-------------------
WCComputerInsideWB.JPG

-------------------
WCComputerCoverOn.JPG

This is my first try at posting images -- I hope it works.

*Sweeeet* so many fans, so smooth looking! Have you considered putting 120mm fans that push air through each heatercore and into the box on each heatercore? That would have air moving as follows:

.................... AIR COMES OUT THE TOP
.....................[/\ fans /\ fans /\ fans /\]
.....................[ | .fans | .fans | .fans | ]
..AIRFLOW --> [_______(box)_______] <-- AIR FLOW

If you can see the crummy ASCII art shows air moving into each side of the box, and then out thru the top VIA all your 80mm fans.

/\ = air flow
|

--> = air flow

I love the look of the box - really, really nice design. have fun with it!

Yeah I second what felin is saying. If you're going to be using that many fans to suck air out of the top you might as well put a couple more pushing air through the heater cores as well. I love the wooden box set up. It looks really nice!

Believe me, when all the fans are on high, you don't need any more fans. I run the fans at 7V and it is virtually silent. Fans on high only make about 3 degC difference. BTW all the fans are low noise PANAFLO's.

WOW looks great!
8x92mm fans looks sweet from the top!!
one thing, is the lid "air tight" to the box? if you ran a beed of silicone on the top rim of the box or on the bottm of the lid, you might get beter flow. but then again, with 8x 92mm fans im SURE your moven air thru thoes rads.
GREAT job! (NICE OC too!)

That looks almost exactly like my water cooler....

the color at least. The one I built is also made of wood... I'll get a picture sometime.. I've been saying that for like 3 months....

Back