• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Difference between P4P800 and P4P800 - DX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

I'm basically upgrading my NF7-S Mobo and getting another P4 2.4C. The P4C800 is too expensice for me, so I'm going for the P4P800's

I bascially just wanted to know what the Deluxe has as opposed to the non deluxe version, and if the overclocking potentials are the same?

I'm planning on using 2 X 512MB Corsair PC3500's C2 hopefully @ 1:1 - 250 FSB minimum.

(BTW, the RAM is good for 225 FSB 2-2-2-8 on my AMD system.)

Thanks!

Well, I found some of the differences from the website.

"The Deluxe edition is further enhanced with a rich-array of features such as IEEE 1394 connectivity, the unique POST Reporter and IDE RAID technology."

I never use RAID or IEEE 1394 and I can live without that stupid POST reporter.

Any other differences or overclocking capabilities?

Nope. Everything else is the same. They have the exact same components other than what you mentioned. Overclocking is equally impressive for either version.

Many people have had poor performance with the VIA PATA RAID controller. The SATA controller is great though. Check out Asusboards.com to see all the problems people have had with the VIA controller.

I think I'll go with the P4P800 + P4 2.6C. If you look at my Sig, I obviously don't need the deluxe version :) and the P4C800 is like $100 more (CDN).

Good choice

I donot think that you would go wrong with the D version. It does have ICHR5 SATA controller for future Raid,

It is only $126 at newegg.com

There also are a ton of problems with the onboard firewire port. A lot op people are complaining about dropped frames when capturing video from a DV-camera and such. Some even had to install a PCI firewire card to get rid of their problems! The regular P4P800 or P4C800 will do just fine when you don't need all the other bells and whistles...

I've never used Firewire in my life, and I have other computers that support it so it's not a big deal at all.

I just need something very basic, that clocks high. :)

Go SETI go!

Back