• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCW-5000-A Springs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wibarm

well i'm working on moving my watercooling to a new case and i was cleaning out my waterblock jsut cheakcing corrision and i got the springs mixed up and i noticed one is slightly longer than the other... and i wondered if any one knew if the longer or shorter spring goes towards the cam box.. thanks!

also, the swiftech gasket ripped as i was pulling the top from the bottom, i planned o use some rvt to seal the block.. are any major downsides to using rvt? thanks again

thanks for the response, i'm gonna try the rtv and leak test and see how that does... i used the "Blue RTV Silicon 6B" it's what the nice man at autozone said would work well since it stays soft and can peal off instead of having ot scrap it off...

inside the block was alright, the copper fins had darkened some but no major corrosion on the base.. the top had a white film on it that was difficult to remove... I'm not sure what that was from... my tubes have a film on them too... I've only used distilled water... the whiteness appeared shirtly after i tried using waterwetter one time.. but that might jsut be coincidence... i lad the loop open for a long time with a funnel to bleed it.. so maybe stuff got in through there,,,,

also some of the anodizing looks like it may have worn off... not sure how that happened either... jsut one or two point look liek they have been scratched off... really small i'm not too concerned with them at the moment...

anodizing is a coating
we DO recomment the use of a corrosion inhibitor, HydrX™
and others sell them also for the same purpose

be cool

Back