• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X v2 bios checksum error...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Banyan

hey guys... i continue to get this when cold booting... i have no idea wtf is going on. there is a thread about this at amdmb forums, but it doesn't really address the issue. i was running at 200*11, with hyperx pc3500 sync, in single channel, 2-3-3-11... vcore @ 1.8 and vdimm @ 2.8. primes completely fine, memtest fine, 3dmark's fine etc... then i shut down and coldboot this **** comes up. anyone have any ideas? happened when running bios 1006, now happening with uber1005. tia...

i have a feeling the culprit in all my problems lies with the cpu.

Last edited:
Hyper memory didn't like u go high on timing ... try to set 7 3 3 2 or 6 3 3 2.. and see what happen....

What bios are you running? I have ver 1007 and when I attempt 190 X 11 with memory in slot 1 and 3, I get an Assus Boot block message "check sum error, install system disk in drive A" I don't understand this. I've seen this before and eventually lost my bios chip when I reflashed my chip back to 1005 and did a lil OC. Does anyone know what this means and how to prevent this?

that's basically what happens to me sniper... but i'm using uber1005.

i've basically narrowed it to the chip that is causing my grief, so it will be replaced soon. it was able to run at 2.2GHz, 1.8v 200*11, and now wont even do 200*10, and so on. so i'm running it at 166*12.5 atm til i replace it. thx for the responses.

Last edited:
Back