• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random NF7-S REV 2 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subzero

ok had my NF7-S for about 3 months now and i have started to notice a few things

1) after a few hours of gaming my sound will crack/pop and then all audio with just be realy distorted then i have to quit out of the game and go back in sometimes i even have to reboot its getting very annoying. and now all audio seems a little distorted like bass is not as clear as it once was this could be a result of the thunderstorm last week that struck the power pole outside my room and friend my onboard LAN and blew apart my power supply but the random pop and crack has been going for about a month now anyone else got this problem?

2)sometimes after a failed overclock clearing BIOS doesnt get my PC to boot i just have to wait like an hour till the PC feels like booting again is this the board or RAM? or just something else?

3)i have just updated to BIOS 18 and i can now select 3200+ in my soft menu so i dont need to manually change the FSB and everything detects my CPU as a genuine 3200+ and the NIOS notes said they had fixed this. is this ABIT easy way out of fixing this problem and expect you to just select 2500+?

thanks for any help :)

1.) Try getting the latest drivers for the Audio. I think you can get them just by running Windows update. Also get BIOS 19.

2.) Try unplugging the power supply from the wall or pc or whatever, wait 5 seconds, and then try, ought to work, if your PSU has a power switch, turn that off and on, too.

3.) I don't understand your question, but yes it'll run it at a 3200+ speed, you might need to up the voltage, though.

1.) The sound is crackling because your southbridge chip is running hot, and needs to be cooled. Most ppl cool it by adding a passive heatsink or 486 fan.

2.) Clearing the bios will help. Sometimes when I fail on an oc and do this, it will retain all my settings except CPU speed.

3.) I dont understand the question too. In any case, stick to using the custom multiplier and fsb.

Back