• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Siren on boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vejita-sama

Did a search and read the posts. My problem seems to be a little different. My system was rock solid stable, but I wanted to put in a new HSF (SLK-947U + 92mm Tornado). Put everything together and got the siren.

Right now my system is only MB, ram, CPU, and video card. When I powerup all the fans spin for about 1.5-2secs then the siren kicks in and everything else power downs (fans stop spinning, can't open DVD-ROM drive's tray and front LED goes out).

If I boot without the CPU installed I get no beeps (the sticky says I should get a beep for no CPU???) but the fans keep spinning and I can hear the HDs power up or eject/open the DVD-ROM drive's tray.

I tried to clear the CMOS (unplugged power cord, moved jumper to discarge for 15 secs, moved back to normal, plugged in power cord) but this had no effect.

I can't boot at all, so I can't get into the BIOS to turn off the 'cpu fan fail' or 'overheating' settings. Which I had turned on maybe a week ago, but the system was working without any problems the whole time.

I bought the MB at Fry's 10/11 so I'm within the 30days if I have to return it this weekend I should be ok. But I'm not sure what caused the problem or how to fix it (or stop it from happening again for that matter).

Most of the other posts I read, people only got the siren after they were in windows. Again I can't even boot so I'm not sure what's causing it. Will swap MB's tomorrow I quess (for the record it's safe to put a SLK-947U + tornado on the NF7-S, it's a huge HSF combo but others here have done it so....).

Hmm well doing some more searchs I found a post where someone had the same problem, but they were able to clear their CMOS, and boot/post (I can't boot/post no matter what I do).

So I'm just going to get a new MB. I tried swapping the ram, swaping CPUs, booting with CPU & w/o CPU, with RAM & w/o ram, clearing the CMOS, and with cpu fan attached & w/o CPU fan attached.

Sucks...

Back