• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buying NF7-S v2 and Audigy 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattMacD

Is there any point, or is the on-board sound good enough to make an added Audigy 2 redundant? I mean in performance terms as well as quality, though.

The Audigy 2 is 6.1 Dolby compliant. The Soundstorm is 5.1 Compliant. Personally I already had a SB Audigy before I bought this board so I use it, but if I didn't I would gladly use the Soundstorm, it is actually really good. If you have a 6.1 speaker set or your an Audiophile, and you have a neurotic impulse to get the best sound you can, I'd say get the Audigy 2, otherwise the Soundstorm is great.

-Overcrocked

Well, my upgrade was from a SB Live! to the onboard Soundstorm in NF7-S, and it really made a difference. Even on my old 4.1 setup I can really hear a lot of difference. Much clearer separation of channels, cleaner positioning and a sound "picture" that is just so much cleaner!

So I'm very happy with it!

Oh, Overcrocked, I wouldn't really call Varg Vikernes a genius... After killing a guy, getting thrown in jail, and about a week a go escaping from jail. Then hijacked the car a 16 year old was learning to drive in, got caught by police again and now stuffed so far in on a high secuirity jail that he may never see daylight again.. Genius? Hardly..

Veland nice buddy icon! :) Anyways, I've messed around with my Audigy 2 platinum and my onboard on the NF7 S. I have two BIG studio monitors, and as far as playback goes, I notice very little difference, recording I notice a bigger difference, though.

Back