• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Southbridge cooling w/ stock Northbridge cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overcrocked

Salute,

I'm using the stock NB cooler on my Southbridge, but the fan is not hooked up. I was wondering if there was a place to hook in the fan near the Southbridge, so I can use the fan as well? This is on the NF7-S btw.

-Overcrocked

Last edited:
Do u have a soldering iron there??

Solution is very simple just take the fan off the heatsink, unsolder the wires making sure u remember where the red/black wire went.

Then simply attach to each wire a small extension. Solder the ends of wire into correct position, then reconnect to the mobo.

Thats it, i hope this is what u meant.

mongoled

-EDIT-

u got a double post there. I had the same problems ;)

I c you are running a 92mm tornado :)

Ive presently got a 80mm Delta, not the SHE but the EHE, quite a beast 4700rpm pushing arnd 80CFM not gonna mention the noise ;).

So whats the tornado like, thinking abt trying one out, but is it worth it for me i dont knw.

mongoled

It's sounds like a jet engine but pushes nearly 120cfm, keeps things cool. I've grown quite accustomed to it. Complete silence makes me uncomfortable now.

-Overcrocked

Back