• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

refurb'd a7n8x-delux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

setl4nothing

hey all, just have a quickie question. I just ordered my board from newegg (59 bucks...sweet) and i've heard people talking about being able to call up asus and they'll give you the back plate and accessories for no charge.
Does anyone know the number or place to visit to get this service, cause i aparently passed it up on the asus site. Thanks in advance for any advice ya got.

nolan

Try emailing ASUS customer service yet? Or if they give a number on their site then call them up. Usually can get things solved if you talk person to person (rather than trying to email).

NO! NEVER EMAIL THEM!!!! They will literally take MONTHS to reply. Try their tech support line: 502-995-0883 :)

lol thanks man, i'll be calling as soon as it gets here, since im sure you have to have a serial number or somethin.

Yeah I'm curious to see if Asus will give out a free I/O shield, driver disk, etc. I got a refurb a few months back and ended up getting all the accessories for like $10 on Ebay. :-/

well freakin awesome, i got the board yesterday. looks brand spankin new, and its even a rev 2.0 board too! im calling up asus as im typing this in hopes i can get the i/o shield and what not shipped. i'll update after i get the board installed tonight and let ya'll know if its worth the purchase.

HA! you're not kidding they're better than ecs!

If I had to pick a favorite part of the mobo, it would have to be the SoundStorm, it sounds INCREDIBLE w/ my Logitech Z-560's.

Wow-

That's great you guys picked one up for sooo cheap. I paid 129 for mine new (of course, I received all of the ectras as well). SATA to boot!!

Just in case anyone was wondering I e-mailed them and this is the response I got back today...

Hi Ryan,

We are charging $15.00 per set, plus $5.00 for UPS ground shipping charge. Please fill out the attached credit card authorization form if you wish to purchase it. You may fax or email it back to me, my fax number is 510-608-4507.

Thanks,

Bonnie Ly
ASUS-Customer Service
Tel: 510-739-3777 ext. 5105
ax: 510-608-4511
Email: [email protected]
WWW.ASUS.COM

:(

Free Fix minus accessories.

A7V333-X Faceplate + Snips - some aluminum
= A7N8X-DX Faceplate + sharp edges = sweet

:)

on the downside, those accessory kits are pricey on ebay. oh well, i wouldnt use half the crap anyways.

Argh! bios r1007 already, damn I need to upgrade from 1005...hopefully it will fix my oc problem (I doubt it though)

Woah, they are kinda expensive on ebay. The only thing I want to be able to use is the ir header, but that doesn't come with the kit anyway. Anyone know where they sell them?

JUST KIDDING. this thing is a POS.
In the midst of playing games, on stock settings for everything (fsb, mults, timings) i get random restarts. unless im missing something completely here, this is crap and im RMAing it.

just curious. does anyone out there have any issues w/ their board and the on board nics disconnecting? namely the 3com on a rev 1.06? i have been friggin ****ed w/ this for months now and i want to RMA my board to fix this but i really don't want to rip my baby apart for no reason if rev 2.0 is having the same issue
-Jeff

i was having some nic errors on the nvidia actually. 3com with updated drivers seemed to be pretty good. really no reason to go up a revision if youre satisfied with how your stuff is performing now.

Back