• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asetek waterchill kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Here's a review of a similar kit from Astek: http://www.overclockers.com/articles804/

It would be basic water-cooling, but not high-performance especially for the CPU. If you just want to reduce system noise, it would work although $260 for anything but a high-performance water system seems high in my frugal opinion.

If I was spending that much money and it had to be a complete kit, I'd look at the swiftech offerings especially the new ones with the new 12V pump. At least their cpu&vga blocks are designed for close-to-high performance water cooling; better blocks are available, but not that much better and more expensive. The Astek blocks are simple water-in water-out types with no pins, fins, spirals, mazes, slots, jets, etc. to increase cooling performance.

Spreading your purchases out over 2-3 sources will allow you to put together a better, lower-cost "kit" that requires no modding, cutting, or drilling other than what you'd have to do with a factory kit.

for 120mm radiators, how do you mount it on a 80mm intake in a case?

Yeah just 'create' your own kit. A block here, a block there, a res and pump and rad and some tubing and fittings and your done. You would have to put a Kit together (assembly is required) anyway, might as well get the best stuff for a good price.

If you're interested in the kit for cheaper, PM me. I have one for sale for alot cheaper than $260 :)

--Illah

Back