• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Via Aqua is damn loud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Also, did you try to place a piece of foam/rubber/vibration dampening material between the pump and whatever it is placed on or attached to?

eheims are SUPER quiet
i can bearly hear mine, (when its running of course)

Fast420A said:
That sounds wierd, With the impellar mod, mine is almost silent. You may have a faulty pump.

Ditto, I can't hear mine inside my case. With the computer turned off I'd have to put my ear to the tower to hear the slight vibration.

Thanks guys, I'll try the impeller mod:p

What do you think of the new Swiftech pump? Is it quiet if anyone has one?

I had a Via Aqua and all i can say is: Pain. Haha. I ended up coating most of it with epoxy to stop it from leaking. I did the impeller mod and it did quiet it down, but after a while it started acting up. Not only this, but it had trouble with starting. I ended up getting a quiet one 1200. This pump is quiet (duh) and because of its uni-directional prop it starts my water the second it has power. Maybe your via moves the water instantly, but mine kinda chugged along when first powerd up. The quiet one was only $26 and that is still better priced than the Ehiem. I like the quiet one much much more than the Via and its just barley more.

Well I am new to water cooling and I wish I had know this beforehand. The pump I got at the recommendation of someone is not even inline :(

I am only cooling an MCW50+T right now. Temp's are pretty good - 25.5 C° with 70 F° ambient temp.

So with an ideal water setup how much over ambient do the killer systems run at?

Maxi~

Temps depend on what kind of system is being ran. I suggest keeping the via unless you have problems. And yes, it will take around 10 seconds for a modded via to startup. Quiet ones are good pumps but no reason to switch to any other pump if your via is working fine.

Het Maxi,

Do you have the Via Aqua 1300? I am running one in-line. It has been running 7/24 for about 6 weeks now. Not sure how long it will last, but it is working OK for now. It is nearly silent after doing the impeller mod, but it does have thw same start up issues forlack mentioned since the mod. However, I run my system 7/24, so I don't have too many startups to worry about. :)

Quiet one Link

The 1200 is all you need really. $24.99 ah how great! The other units put out a lot of heat. The 4000 might be the next best, because of the enormous flow it could make up for the 50 watts of heat produced(not all of it goes into the water of course)

Thanks for the link forlack,

If my Via dies I will give the QuietOne a try. Maybe I will just get one anyway. It sounds like a good pump for my purposes, quiet and inexpensive.

forlack said:
Quiet one Link

The 1200 is all you need really. $24.99 ah how great! The other units put out a lot of heat. The 4000 might be the next best, because of the enormous flow it could make up for the 50 watts of heat produced(not all of it goes into the water of course)

The 3000 has the same max head, puts out 40 watts and 20 bucks cheaper too :D

BTW don't forget to add the "tv advertisement" coupon at checkout over at drsfostersmith to take off 5 bucks.

I thought the performance was similar but the 4000 seems to have a bit of an advantage:

3000:
q1_3000_graph.jpg

4000:
q1_4000_graph.jpg

(sorry for the thread hijack :eek: )

Back