• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus a7v600 Crash freebios 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1st-Rogue

Registered
Well well well well I dont know what to say. When I saw this feature I was like cool thats a relieve, updating bioses has always been this stressfull task of praying and working in Cleanest of enviroments.

I MUST SAY I WILL NEVER BUY ASUS AGAIN!!! After having troubles with the overclock wont post problem as other a7v600 ppl know I check for the latest bios and an new beta was up 31/10/03 (1006.005)

Naturally I flashed and GUESS WHAT??????

MY PC WONT ****ING POST AND IT SEEMS CRASH ****ING FREE BIOS 2 (yes ppl this is number 2 **** knows hom much better this one is) DOES NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!

this is just great im like ready to go nuke asus!

um.... welcome to the forums... um... yeah...

A Beta of anything means that it can seriously screw up your system, there is no guarantees, and you shouldn't ever use it on a system that you actually want working the next day.... usually you don't encounter problems, but if you do encounter problems, they can be SEVERE...

As time goes on, and as you keep testing Betas, you get a feeling that something severe will never happen to you... that is until it does.

Yeah, ASUS does have BIOS problems and it sort of comes with the boards, unfortunately. Good luck getting back on your feet.

Oh, by the way, this place will fix your BIOS chip. I haven't tried them, but you can poke around their site. Hope they help.

http://www.badflash.com/

Good luck.

Seems im back on my feet again whoopi

luckily the company I purchased the mobo from also knew about the hot swap trick and they flashed mine back to normal in just a minute :)

If you dont know about the hotswap, its realy easy:
Find somebody with the same motherboard (if its not the same there is going to be more risk) use a flash util to flash his bios and just before it ask you to confirm, you take out his bios and put yours in while pc is ON(hot) and flash. The only hard part is to remove the bios so that all the pins more or less detaches from contact at the same time.

finding somebody thats willing to do this is kinda hard.

Its kinda hard to find an Abit motherboard in South-Africa, iv never seen it around neither any water cooling systems :(
Yes that nf7 mobo would have been my #1 choice

most others makes are available.;)

Back