• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diode Temps not reliable, A7N8X Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gt24

I am running a A7N8X Deluxe board, with a 1800+ JIUHB (I believe) and thus I am overclocking. My temps are pretty stable on all of the sensors, with exception of my Diode, which worrys me...

I have Thermaltakes 900U Heatsync with a Tornado 92 mm fan on top. Two Tornado 80 mm fans are in the front (but are having some difficulty getting the air they need due to my dumb case). I have one 80 mm Smart Fan 2 in my window and two generic 80 mm fans in the back of my case.

My front fans are not running really fast (no RPM monitoring on them though), and my CPU fan is at 3443 RPM.

All these temps are from running Prime 95, but I get similar activity on the diode when not running Prime.

Right now, I am running a 180 Mhz FSB with a 12x multiplier, and Prime is going Strong. MBM reports 2163 Mhz.

My temps are 33 C for the case, 45 C for the socket, and the diode is hard to report...

I just read 58 C, then 53, now 51, followed by 53, 52, 56, 54, 53, 56, 58, 54, 50, 52, 54... I'm giving up on reading it....

but, in the Bios I get a similarly jumpy reading, however it is a lot faster reading.

Here are my HIs... Case 33 C, Diode 58 C, Socket 46 C.

This may help... here are my averages... (note, all averages are only from the whole time I have been running Prime). Case 30 C, Diode 50 C, Socket 42 C.

I did have my windows open last night with a fan drawing in cold air, thus it was cooler during the night and warmer right now.

I did Prime and pass at around 2 Ghz, my temps for the diode was around 44 C but it had spikes at times clear up to 51 C.

Bios revision is 1.07 UBER. Motherboard revision is 1.x... not certain on the specifics but I know it doesn't fit in the 2.x series, or that it is even close...

My question though is about my CPU Diode. Why is it unstable? What are my temperatures if my Diode is that wild? How can I calm the Diode down or... can I calm the diode down?

Actually, those temps sound about right. The diode tends to heat up very quickly with activity and then cool down very quickly. If you were running PRIME and running other apps on top of it, the jumps could come from cpu proccessing priority changes as prime is defaulted at low priority.

Also, I would reccommend using motherboard monitor 5, which you can find here...

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

And then follow the setup instructions on here (or even easier, just download the setuprar by nerbil - VERY easy).

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16364

hope this helps.

forgot to mention, those are Motherboard Monitor 5 temps... but thanks for the information (I might have not been using that program, etc etc).

Also... when seeing how far this processor can go, do I take a worse case scenario approach and assume that the max temperature I got (58 C) is my load temp or should I go with a different figure?

Usually, load temps can safely be assumed when you're running 100 CPU load. There is a Prime95 torture test that maximized voltage and heat and taking the temp while the test is running will be your load temp.

Again, load temp is generally accepted as temp when CPU usasge is running at 100%. Just don't forget to factor in case temp when listing load temp.

Back