• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

air bubble problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jibby

inside the tubes i have air bubbles that look stuck to the inside of the tube they are very small. is this normal or do i need to bleed them out? ive had my system running uncapped for almost 3 days now. also is turning the pump off then on a good idea? it seems to make mroe bubbles rise to the top but still not completely gone.

When i first start bleeding i usually do like a minute on, 20 seconds off. Repeat for a few minutes. THen I just let it do its thing with the pump on. For those bubbles stuck to the side, just give the tube a little squeeze.

When i first start bleeding i usually do like a minute on, 20 seconds off. Repeat for a few minutes. THen I just let it do its thing with the pump on. For those bubbles stuck to the side, just give the tube a little squeeze.

half the bubbles are stuck in my t-line ! lol i can't get them out

ive tried all this picture sticking ur hand in water and seeing all the bubbles stick to your finger or something. they are very tiny and stick to the lining of the tube. like a tablet that disolves in water thats what it looks like but its lining some of my tubes (my t-line and my WB to intake tube)

yea i hit it hard and some moved but then were replaced by more and more ;/ it seems like a hopeless cause.

What additives do you have in the water? I'm still ramping up for my first WC setup, but I seem to recall that some of those additives folks use are to keep bubbles from sticking.

my system holds a total of .45 litres so i used .125 litres of dex-cool anti-freeze or roughly 25%.

Last edited:
I had this problem too initially, turned out to just be a normal bleeding thing. Thing to do is tap along the tubes with the pump running to help "encourage" the bubbles to move along. They'll bump into each other and merge into bigger bubbles, making it easier to move along to the "T". Stopping the pump now and then might help if it's high flow (bubbles getting sucked into the inlet past the "T")

I just used a screwdriver to tap along the tubes in the direction of the flow :)

Back