• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S Initaila setup questions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lvcoyote

Overclocked Moderator, Overclockers.com Lead Edito
NF7-S Initail setup questions!

Ok guys I'm making the plunge. Going to set my new NF7-S v2 system this weekend and have a few questions.

1. After reading the manual on the jumpers that I see, i cant find any documentation on two of the jumpers. One of the jumpers is behind the onboard LAN and USB connections box. the other jumper is behind the keyboard and mouse connections box. Any idea what these jumpers do??

2. I have two hard drives I am going to use. A new Maxtor 120GB Sata drive and an existing 40GB Maxtor IDE drive. I want to use the sereil adapter that came with the motherboard for the 40 gigger and put it in the Sata 2 port, and of course the Maxtor Sata drive in the Sata 1 port. I do not want to use a raid array of any sort, just two seperate hard drives. Anything special I should know about setting this up??

3. I found an old heatsink and fan I customized to attach to the southbridge, and now I want to get something on those mofsets. I am assuming the mofsets are those 6 sqare chips right behind the LPT port box?? I know I saw a picture here somewhere showing where they are but I cant find it.....LOL. What are the best sinks a guys can get for these?? I dont think I'll have time to make them, just want to buy some.

4. The floppy that comes with the motherboard has sata drivers on it, Via, Intel and two Silicon (3112 & 3114). When installing WIndowsXP and after hitting F6, which one do I use to accomplish question #2 above?

Any other helpful tips would be greatly appreciated......thanks again guys!!

Lvcoyote

Back