• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED HELP!! and ADVICE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozzman

ok guys ive sorta fallen out of the "loop" lately and i need a new board. i went and bought a IWILL k7s3-N on the spot for about 86 bucks thinking it was good and not read reviews on it and realize it has some major problems, so now i want to return it..

ok so i want to spend about 60-80 bucks or so tops for a amd board that has

up to 3200+ chips speeds

takes up to 3200 ddr memory

and a good OCer

dont care if its nforce or via or sis just want a good overclocking board.. name brands also dont matter to me..

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
whats the difference between the

AN35N-Ultra

and the

AN35N400

?

and i mean 5.1 sound and one nic are more than enough for me

i dont need serial ata, and i wont be using firewire for a while and if i need firewire the pci cards are what 15 bucks online? plus from reviews ive read it can do about 240 fsb which to me is amazing considering its only rivals reach about 250 and cost about 30 bucks more..

so think this is the best bet?

Ultra = Dual channel
400 = Single channel

Sound is Realtek and sucks if you're into music and games, otherwise it will do.

LAN and USB2 work fine

VDimm limited to 2.7V and there is no chipset voltage.

I personally don't know of anyone running higher than 232FSB with this board, most get 215-220.

Its fast, its stable and very forgiving, not the fastest OCer but a good budget OC/Gaming MoBo.

Buffalo/Twinmos PC3200 with Winbond CH-5 chips seems to be one of the best bets for RAM as they OC quite well on the limited VDimm this board offers.

Considering its selling for $56.99 at NewEgg, its still the best option for a low-budget OCing ATX nForce2 rig IMHO

Regards, Balrog

well i plan to use a 2000 xp with samsung 2700 right now, have no plans of reaching even 200 fsb just yet.. and do u know if the realtek is as good, better or worse than a AC'97 chip?

and any idea if volt modding is a option or not?

You won't need to volt mod with that combination, I can run my 1700+ DUT3C @ 210FSB but my Crucial PC2700 gives memory errors in Test #5, I run 185FSB X 11 or 166 X 13 stable with Memtest and Prime. Got some Buffalo PC3200 due in this week. ALC650E is a AC'97 rated chip, better option would be C-Media 9739A and then Soundstorm.
Regards, Balrog

went ahead and got it for 52 bucks.. think its WELL worth it for that much and ive used ac 97 based sound chips and they are not that bad at all.. what motherboard do you have btw?

i thought u could just up the fsb on the cpu not the cpu and the memory on these motherboards, not that u would want it really but yea (sorry if i sound stupid this is my first ddr board, like i said out of the loop ;) )

Back