• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Parallel vs Serial Rads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chiyau

this is my thinking..

with rads in parallel, if one rad cools the water to 29C and the other rad cools it to 27C, when the water rejoin back together the water would be about 28C, so not much improvement from just having 1 rad??

but when the rads are in serial the water gets cooled by the 1st rad (say to 27C) and then gets cooled even more by the 2nd (say 25C) thus the resulting in better temps?

this to me makes sense but is it true??

Nope aaccording to the equation Q=MCdeltaT you would get more cooling if the temperature difference is greater. If hot water is on both rads then cooling done by rads are greater than if you cooled your coolant to some degree then try to cool it again. In the second rad(in series) the value of deltaT would me smaller than the first rad.

Welcome to the forums!

The logic in the thread starting post isn't correct.

Parrallel and series have different advantages and disadvantages. Here are a couple off the top of my head:

Parrallel rads have the advantage of a higher deltaT.

Serial rads have the benefit of higher flow velocity.

chiyau: YGPM. Check my sig.

Even with higher flow velocity when using series rads, Running rads in parallel usually gives you better temp.

Except for single pass heater cores (running them in series will give better temp than running them in parallel)

Do you have any linkage to reviews on this? Or is this personal experience talking?

I don't have any great linkage on parrallel vs. series, and I could use some for my collection if you got some.

thanx for clearing it up for me, i guess i'll set mine up in parallel and see how it goes.

Back