• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a quad Opteron motherboard, how many are there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

I am considering building a quad opteron system, but I can't find any 4 socket boards. I only found one but I can't find it for sale anywhere, and on top of that, I don't really know if it is any good. So anyway, where are they all hiding? Because I know they exist, otherwise there wouldn't be a processor that can go 4 way SMP. They can even go 8 way, but I can barley afford a quad, no way I could afford 8, and on top of that, if it is this hard to find a 4 socket board, I don't think I would ever find an 8 socket board. Heh, I don't even know how an 8 way SMP system would work. But anyway if anyone knows of ANY 4 socket boards for the amd opteron cpu, please let me know. And if it is a lost cause please tell me because I can fairly easily find a dual board. thanks for the help! :)

(Not sure if this should be in SMP or AMD motherboards so I posted it in both. sorry for any trouble)

because there are only 4 of them instead of 8. And btw, they are 3000 each, not 600. The 246 is the one that is around 600 bucks. I want the 846 :)

mamisano said:
What is the purpose of such a beast? Making a SETI cruncher ;)

Well I guess I could with all the power :D but the real purpose is for folding@home, and video editing/3D modeling. I have really been getting into video editing latley but I need something a LOT faster so I can get my ram previews ASAP.:cool:

Back