• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

To Y or not to Y a WW Block.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Void425

Registered
Y or not WW Block =>Resivoir

The instructions say to Y the two outlets of the WW block back together and proceed.

Would it be better to use the Y to connect them and proceed into the resivoir, or instead takeing the two seperate hosed outlets and running them both seperatly to the Resivoir?

If the two tubes were ran back individually it would not create the extra pressure in the system required to merge them back together. Would this make a detectable difference in the CPU temp?

Last edited:
The other thread was about the pressure of both outlets off the WW block being equal or not when they go into the Y. This thread is trying to determing if it is better to use a Y or not if your just dumping directly into the resivoir where no further pressure after the CPU seems to be needed.

Void425 said:
The other thread was about the pressure of both outlets off the WW block being equal or not when they go into the Y. This thread is trying to determing if it is better to use a Y or not if your just dumping directly into the resivoir where no further pressure after the CPU seems to be needed.

I don't think it would make a difference one way or the other- the water that is coming out of the to-be-Yed outlets is about half what was put in by the block's inlet. In other words, it remains a constant amount. I don't see why the Y would create extra pressure beyond the block except for that it may pose additional restriction by virtue of it's connections to the rest of the loop (it's not a smooth tube wall).
I may be wrong about this, but I thought I'd share my (simple) thoughts on this matter. :)

Every junction, bend, extra length, or extra velocity creates additional friction, and therefore backpressure. So, running the lines separately back to the rez is not going to hurt. However, I'm not sure you'll see any difference. Try it both ways and let us know. :D

Back