• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I Wanna Set Up A External Watercooling Box.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tropicaltornado

Registered
What couild I do. I mean should I make a on-top or on bottom box? A hidden box or what? Can I see pics of some well done boxes?The reason for this is because I have to much tubing vlutter in my case.There is no room for a shroud or my Giant II. 3 PCI ports are gone and I need them and the external is the only what.So hook me up.

Quite a few people making external boxes it seems; you could use anything really, plexiglass, wood, steel and you could mount it on top/underneath/to the side. Just do whatever you're happy with really :) I made mine out of an old small PC case which I cut to size (link in sig)

you can place it anywhere you want, best bet would be wood or plexiglass, just make sure it look sgood and has good airflow =P.

Hehe, Tropical and I were talking about this last night and I had the same questions running through my head. Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and ask another question:

For future preference, when I move my computer around with the external box, I want to be able to detach my external to make for easy transfers. I know quick shut off barbs would be the best way, but they also leak. Is there any way to go about using shut offs while minimizing leakage?

I've been fondling with the idea of making a custom megacube out of plexi or acrylic to allow for more internal room and eliminating the need for an external setup. Will have pictures of concept designs once I draw it all up in CAD.

Back