• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheap pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Borisw37

I came across a few cheap pumps and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the brands. Here are are the specs for the "Azoo Power Heads"
Model/GPH/Price:
180 / 48 / $ 6.29
600 / 158 / $ 7.19
1200 / 317 / $ 8.99
1800 / 475 / $ 16.19
2500 / 660 / $ 20.99

Link

"ViaAqua Water Pumps"
Link

Please let me know if you have heard anythign about these.

Damn, that seems like a good price for a pump, I may get one just to run on one of my other computers just to see. Looks like the lower ones can only be submersible, but the 2 highest GPH ones look to have in-line capability, I may try one of them out :D

-Andy

JFettig said:
You get what you pay for

PERIOD.

Jon

Not if you get one of these. :D

Another issue with cheaper submersible pumps is improper usage. Such powerheads as the Maxijets and Via Aquas are not meant to be used inline; users doing so are probably a far greater cause for pump failure than the quality of the pump. The Quiet Ones I linked to, however, are designed for inline use as well. As long as you do your homework, and don't abuse your pump, there's almost no reason to be shelling out more than 30 bucks on one.

not all the time ive gotten a couple of great deals from them dotn know about azoo... but sometimes you can get a great deal

Borisw37 said:
I came across a few cheap pumps and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the brands. Here are are the specs for the "Azoo Power Heads"
Model/GPH/Price:
180 / 48 / $ 6.29
600 / 158 / $ 7.19
1200 / 317 / $ 8.99
1800 / 475 / $ 16.19
2500 / 660 / $ 20.99

Link

"ViaAqua Water Pumps"
Link

Please let me know if you have heard anythign about these.

Just make sure you realize that max head rating is much, much more important than GPH rating.

why not just use an Aquaclear Powerhead 802? 400gph, 6 feet max head. you can reverse the flow if you want, and you can control the the flow all together. Its what I use in my fish tank, i have a sump setup, running 24/7.

Yeah i know about my pumps, the ViaAqua's have spec sheets and one of theirs had a good gph at 4 ft of head with 6 ft max head and its only 11 bucks or 16 bucks... so i think its a good deal

Back