• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Allright...Top of the Line Water Cooling Setup...Ok Before Purchase Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computerpro3

Hi,
I am about to recieve the watercooling setup of my dreams. Just wanted to be sure that all of the parts are compatible and are no better alternatives performance wise, since I look at this as an investment, since it will cost over $300. Just wanted to make sure everything fits in my sytem and is compatible and absolute best, short of TEC. Specs of PC are in sig. Also, if you have seen better prices anywhere, let me know. Thanks!

Cathar Cascade CPU INTEL 478 CPU Block = $93
DangerDen Maze4 GPU Block (black) = $38
D-tek Customs ProCore Heatercore with shroud = $55
120mm Aluminum fan (30db, 80CFM) for rad = $12
Hydor l30 pump = $50
DangerDen Typhoon Quad Resivoir = $30
10Ft Clearflex (1/2ID) tubing = $15
20 1/2 plastic adjustable hose clips (from DangerDen) = $15
4oz Water Wetter = $3.50

Is there anything else I am forgetting? Please critique. Thanks again!

skip the water wetter and get dex cool antifreeze.

Also, go dual shrouds and two fans for the heatercore if you can.

Sounds like a good setup to me, I'd prolly use a Mag3 pump though, and maybe a push pull setup on the radiator. Should get you some good temps though! And you might wanna read some articles on the bay resevoir setups, I went with the innovatek tank-o-matic and drilled it out for 1/2" fittings, I'm very happy with it! Good luck with your setup, let us know how it turns out!! ;)

-Andy

One thing I don't see is a relay kit to turn the pump on/off with the computer. A swiftech mcp600 pump would be better than the L30 and doesn't require a relay kit since it is powered by 12 volts DC from the computer.

Are you sure a resevoir is worth $30? A T-line is cheap and effective. Save the money for a pump upgrade :)

I'd use anti-freeze instead of water wetter for corrossion protection.

20 hose clamps seems like alot?

skip the res and get a better pump ( i think cather recommends the mag3 for his wb ). puting a res in your setup can raise temps... do a search on the topic... its a hot one!

definately get 2 x 120mm fans + shrouds for your rad ( its compatible )

the cascade is a must... its amazing how well it works.

sounds nice, gl!

hmmm about a t-line, would it be easy for a watercooling noob like me to use? I know it would be easy to bleed, but how would i fill it? alright, i'll go with the anti-freeze. and the dual fans on the rad with two shrouds. the mag 3.......is it loud compared to the l30? that's important too.

Last time I used anti-freeze it left flakes in my system. Now I just use distilled water. Most pumps for aquariums are ment to be left on 24/7, I cannabilized an old sparkle power supply for the connector and wired the pump to my case, then I just ran a seperate power cable for the pump, that way my pump is always running, and if I need to move my pc for any reason, I can just completely unplug everything. :D A relay is a good way too though, I just prefer to leave it on. ;)

could anybody link up a danner mag 3 for me? can't find where to buy one or the price. thanx for all the help, keep it comin!

computerpro3 said:
hmmm about a t-line, would it be easy for a watercooling noob like me to use? I know it would be easy to bleed, but how would i fill it?

Simple, you put a funnel in the top of the T-line and pour slowly. Air will be coming out as you fill the system. You'd want a cap or some way to seal up the T-line in the event the computer gets turned on its side. Wait until all the air is out before completely sealing it though. I use a 1/2 inch plastic hose barb (male) with a 1/2 inch pvc cap to seal it. Lowes or Home Depot sells the parts.

would a tank o matic resivoir fit in my case? If not, i think i will go with a t-line. (http://members.cox.net/jmdandrow/my pc.htm) Also, it's not dentrimental to performance to mount the radiator on top of the case, is it? Cause that's the only place i can mount it without losing the fan spots (which i will put 27dba fans in)? Thanks so much!

edit: I do plan on removing the lower hard drive mount to fit the pump.

The whole thing about the tank-o-matic is the fact that you mount it to the back of your case, I doubt it'll fit inside, but it looks sweet mounted to the back of the case. ;) My radiator is mounted to the top of my case sucking air in with two enermax 120mm fans, keeps everything pretty cool. :D

Edit: Big pic of tank-o-matic

Back