• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New setup...wb issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MuEagle05

Ok, here's my new setup

blacklight2

Notice the lame tubing job going into the cpu block.

xflow

It's the Innovatek X-flow. It came with 1/4ID 3/8OD compression fittings (WAY too small tubing), and i bought 3/8ID 1/2OD compression fittings off one of the websites (i forget which one).

The problem is I want to use 1/2ID 3/4OD tygon. I've tried using nylon and polypro barbs, and I just bought chrome 1/2" barbs to use. NOPE, they don't fit for some reason. I don't know what the problem is, they're all supposed to be 1/4 NPT.

Sooo, if anyone knows something that'll work or has any suggestions I'm all ears.

Also, would this set-up be ok w/ the tubing the way it is? I'm thinking the conversion hurts the flow rates significantly.

i doubt the conversion limits flow any more than the 1/4 inch inlet outlet on the block. :D. I think most people would have recommended a block that uses 1/2 inch barbs. Since this is the one you have, i would definately work on fitting it with some larger inlet/outlet barbs. Maybe if you take the block with you when you go shoppin, u can find something to fit it. I have no experience with the innovatech stuff, so i'm afraid i'm not much help.

J.

the inlet outlet are 3/8ID. Well, there's no leaks so I'm just going to leave it as is for now i think

I never thought of that. Stupid metric system.

Yes vonkaar it's uncorked. Is this a bad thing?

Like your avatar though Unloaded

Also just for future reference to all, yellow UV wire sleeving is not created equal. The super bright one coming off my window fan is from frozencpu.com, and the one on the right on my molex line is from xoxide.com. there's a big difference in color, so if you're going for looks buy from the same place.

Well... I always make jokes about leaving mine uncorked and people laugh at that =p. You really should stop it up with something... even a marble would do. A casual nudge could spill coolant all over your board... that would be bad.

Yeah, i'll find something to plug it with. Marble isn't a bad idea.

yeah that really scared me seeing that Tline totally unplugged, get a stopper the kind chemistry student use, those have workedf well foe me in the past.

I used a crayola marker cap, and it wouldn't come out until I crushed in the side, and stabbed it with a screwdriver.........I'm actually serious.

I use a plastic cap I found on the ground in a walmart parking lot. Looks like it could be a marker cap, but I have no idea. All I know is that it works well. Before I got my cap, I would have to refil my system every week or 2.

Back