• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Very flexible tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

Currently, my tubing is very stiff, and I have to use a lot of elbows. Where can I get some realy cheap, but realy flexible tubing?

What exactly is the bend radius? On one i see 1/4", what does that mean? It bends 1/4" per inch?

Yuriman said:
What exactly is the bend radius? On one i see 1/4", what does that mean? It bends 1/4" per inch?

1/4" radius means you can make a 1/2" circle out of the stuff and it won't kink. It might flatten out a bit, but it won't kink.

In my experience, the more flexible the tubing is, the easier it is for it to kink. my Clearflex with 1/16" wall was far more flexible than my 1/8" wall but kicked like hell.... just a heads up

I need some tubing that is able to move easy but wont kink either. I need ID 3/8 OD 1/2..I need the bet stuff Because I am gonna make a external box and the tubing must be able to bend without kink but I dont want it "stiff" either.

I'm betting this stuff would work like a charm in tight places. Unlike traditional reinforced tubing that uses fiberglass braiding that only helps resisting pressure, the wire is stiff and will also resist compresion. Compresion = kinks.

wire-reinforced.gif

Also known as hose. Wire reinforcement helps this tubing resist kinks and withstand high pressures. Tubing is good for vacuum up to 29.9" Hg at 70° F. Can be used for food and beverage, water, and air transfer lines. Note: Tubing may feel harder than durometer indicates due to wire reinforcement.

1/2"-ID 47/64"-OD 1/8"-wall 5393K43-part number $1.25ft (pg 83)

Back