• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 BI Micros or BI Micro 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Don6323

Registered
What would be better? I have a Lian Li case on the way and it looks like the BI M2 will fit at the rear were the 2 80mm fans go. If not I know I can use 2 BI Micros.

Nope, that BIM 2 will NOT fit there, the screw holes on the BIM 2 are slightly wider apart than the holes in the back of the case. Also if you were to put it upside with the fittings up top, it'll hit the power supply so that won't work and if you try to put it upside down, you're gonna have to cut part of the first slot so the fittings will fit. If you don't mind cutting up the rear of the case, go ahead, otherwise, go with the two single BIM's. But I assure you, you'll want to upgrade it soon after you get it, then you might as well put a single BIX up front under the floppy cage.

Wow, looks like you must have tried this. What about putting the BI M2 on the outside of the case at the rear, Would this work? Then I would only have to cut 2 holes for the water lines. I really like the blue finish and it looks like it would look good with the Swifttech blooks. The case I'm getting is the new 6077.

Thanks for your help.

Don6323 said:
Wow, looks like you must have tried this.

Thanks for your help.

Yup, one of my very first h20 experiences, I had returned that Micro2 and got a BIX instead and put it up in front under the floppy cage. Of course, that's after drilling out the rivets holding the hard drive cage in place. But then, you'd only be able to mount the BIX on it's side which made tubing a lil more difficult so then I went ahead and trimmed the bottom of the floppy cage about an inch and stood the BIX upside so the fittings were on top, much easier to do the tubing. If you plan on mounting that BIM2 on the outside to just to keep the blue look and want it to match Swiftech's stuff, why not just get a BIX of the same blue color which I think is $2 more and mount it up front. I don't think there is a need for a floppy drive these days unless you plan on running MEMtest or somethin'....

By the way, the case you're interested in has the same inside like any other 6-series LiLi

Sbud the PC-6077 dosen't have floppy bays. Check out the 2 review links I posted. The hard drives fits in a rack that goes in a standard 51/4 inch drive bay, which goes from top to bottom of the case. Will the BIX fit between a standard bay standing up. Sorry for the questions but most place say no returns on watercooling stuff. You were lucky to be able to return your Micro2. What was the difference in temps when you changed?

Thanks.

Ooops, I was just looking at the first page on systemcooling's page, I guess it just shows a typical interior of a 6 series for reference. Ya, as far as the case you're interested in, not too sure if it'd the best route on putting any rad up front, there isn't much of an opening for intake, I'd probably put the BIM2 out back but mount it outside of the case cuz that suckers thick, if you put it on the inside, it'd be tough to tube the cpu from the rad outlet, but it looks like you're gonna have to lose that slot above your agp slot, who cares, like anything sits above your agp slot anyway. Oh, I never even put that BIM2 in, I just returned it, Directron allows returns on their rads so I have no idea how it would've performed, but I'm sure the BIX I got instead performed better that the BIM2 would've.

edit: forgot to mention if the rad is out back it might be helpful to have blowholes for the side panel to get fresh air to the rad.

Last edited:
Does anyone actually know how well the BI M2 performs? Is it better than 2 BI Micros? I like the idea of maybe venting or making a duct for the side panel for fresh air. Will definately give this a try probably with cardboard at first to see if it makes a difference on temps. Maybe moving the fans to the side and ducting the air to the radiator. Hmmmmmm.

Back