• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick, Thermochill or BIX ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoulEdge

Registered
Ok, I know a heatercore is preferable (that's why I use one in my other comp) but this is for a small case and space is limited. I can get the thermochill 120.1 http://dangerden.com/mall/Radiators/thermochill.asp for $67 at dangerden or I can probably pick up a used BIX for around $45. Am I likely to see any performance difference between the two? Also, does the BIX have the screw holes on BOTH sides? I'm asking because I know the thermochill does and I need 1 side to mount the fan and the other to mount to the case which already has holes drilled to 120mm size.

Yes there are holes on each side, not sure about performance between the BIX and Thermochill but I didn't notice a difference when going from a BIX to a D-tek Procore.

Dtek has a new rad JR-120 I'd give it a try if I were you. I bet its at least as good as a BIX and a bit cheaper, even if you get a shroud with it.

peace.
unloaded

Back