• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 block size/design

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bensa

First of all, I tried searching for p4 wb sizes and designs. Don't flame me. Couldn't find any without causing myself brain damage.

I will be first time watercooling, but I am good with my hands, and know some metal working. I am building a watercooling system for my system, trying to go fanless. I am running a 2.8b, Abit IS-7, and a Gigabyte 9700 Pro. How should I make the loop? None of the components are OC'ed, since I'm running on stock since everything is so friggin expensive.
I was thinking CPU->NB and the grakka on another loop, which both lead back to the reservoir. Second option, VGA->NB and CPU on other loop.Or should I use my NB as a splitter?
Also, would it slump temps if the Soutbridge had a tiny block which worked as a splitter? That would be sweet.

So, there are 3 questions.
What size blocks? Anyone have designs or dimensions? I allready have the mounting hole positions.
What would be the best desing considering I have access to a drill press (its bigger than me), and I think it can handle some horizontal pressure. We use a polishing piece on it, which we press metal onto with attleast 50kg of force.
And lastly, to cool all these parts and push enough pressure in a full tower case, what kind of pump, and what rad/heatercore? Or attleast, the gph, and cooling power in watts.

I'm making the blocks out of solid copper with 3mm poly tops.

1) 8.5cm x 5cm is ideal dimensions for a block. As for the thickness somewhere between 1-2cm.

2) #rotor style waterblock. Its do-able with a drill press and a dremel tool using cut-off disks.

3)How many waterblocks do you plan on having? I am confused :(

Cpu, vga and nb definetly. Possibly a southbridge cooler, if it is convinient to use as a splitter. Hd cooler could just be at the end of the cooler loop (if I have 2)

Back