• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E Deluxe fan problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vizo

I connected a fan to the "CHA_FAN" Connector (bottom right) and the wires of the fan were crimped and exposed and up against the case. This seems to have done something to something that has made the connectors cease to function. The "PWR_FAN" does not work either, yet the "CPU_FAN" does. I was wondering if their is a jumper to reset this or some way to fix this.

I'm hoping that this will not have damaged anything else. It seems to run fine. Any input is appreciated.

could be the fan consumed 2 much pwr and the header died...what's the pwr rating of this fan u connected..

ps: there is no jumper to reset the fan header

vizo,

Sometimes motherboards have little defects on some circuits. If your PWR_FAN doesn't ever worked with any type of fan or become handicapped after sometime, then the circuitry may have a problem. I have seen this type of problem on an Intel VC820 board years ago.

The rotation signal may still work but +12Volt can not be supplied. If so, you can use this connector by modifying it. From underside of the motherboard, find ATX +12Volt cable solder point (Yellow coloured) or 2 pins of 4 pin auxilary +12Volt connector solder points. With a good cable, make a solder between +12Volt supply to 3 pin PWR_FAN's +12Volt. And Voila... The 3 pin connector works with rotation display at Asus Probe.

Bye...

Back