• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling a shuttle

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

Has anyone here ever watercooled a shuttle style case? Just curious. I know that it would seem hard, but I actually think that cheaper components would be the only way to make it happen. First of all you would need a very small radiator core. Or possibly replace the top of the case with a longer thin one. The tubing would have to be of a smaller diameter and cheaper kind. So basically this system wouldn't cool the best. However you would have a small in-line water-cooled system and that would still beat your average means of cooling in one of those little cases.
Anyone ever seen anyone try it?
Duck

Yes (I'll try to dig up the link), but I've not seen a fully watercooled self contained one yet ....... and I'm attempting to do it myself.... all self contained with everything watercooled inc.. PSU :cool:

House move has haulted the project atm though :mad:

*EDIT*

found this on overclockers.com :p

http://www.overclockers.com/tips1075/

Not the one I was thinking of but self contained.

Last edited:
That would be bad to watercool one of those lil things...i was really thinking about selling my current system buy the amd one and put my 9800 pro in there but I would love my soundcard if i did beause I have to have my 56k modem.i figured i do better with my current rig wih the water already in it lol

It's an Nforce shuttle so has an IGP chipset, (Geforce 4mx on board). I'm also using an nforce shuttle, but have designed mine to take the radeon 9800 pro with GPU & Ram water-cooler, to fit in the shuttle case, (that is currently in my main tower PC). . I've also modified the basic shuttle chassis to give me more internal space.

shuttle_chassis0.jpg

shuttle_chassis1.jpg

shuttle_chassis2.jpg

shuttle_fan1.jpg

r350wc702.jpg

Last edited:
looks so awesome!!!! And you are cooling NB,cou,gpu damnnnn

I would LOVE to own a shuttle with a self-contained WC system

Update us with more pics plz with your working progress. I would LOVE to see how it ends up

My mistake .... on reading the the Overclockers article on the water-cooled shuttle it's an SV25 (P4) with... {action}shudder{/action}... savage 4 onboard graphics.... :eek:

on my nforce shuttle w/c thats about as far as I got for the moment afew more images below. The 9800 pro ram block that bolts together sandwiching the cards ram chips water-cools the ram on both sides, and was designed to be as thin as possible on the back side of the card to allow a pci card to be used also, (true hardware modem shown).

r350wc701.jpg

r350wc703.jpg

r350wc017.jpg

r350wc018.jpg

Last edited:
omg that is aweosme i have never seen watercooled ramsinks b4..that is a awesome thing u got going on i would trade my whole system for watered down shuttle lol :0

I'm going to use a maxijet, as they are small and powerful. Not sure which one... The 1200 gives very good flow but gets quite hot so maybe a 900.

The plan is to have water-cooled CPU, NB, VGA GPU & RAM, HDD, PSU & System Ram. It will be tight but I've planed it out and I think it can be done. Will probably use a Splitter X type CPU block design, (but smaller) along with flow split to all other blocks in a similar way, to my main System

I would go with the smaller pump first. I've found that even with two CPU blocks in-line I get more than enough out of a 300GPH pump. With only One CPU and a Graphics card I'd think anything over 100gph would be fine as long as you have low flow blocks to match it.

damnnnn man i cant imagine how you fit all that into a shuttle but if you can get it done i like to see the finished product.. thats awesome if you can do it =0

Are you going to have the air sucked in from the outside or blown through from the inside? I'd recommend sucking it through from the outside if possible. That way the motherboard and harddrive heat won't be in the air.

It's certianly a challenge that I may fail :p , I'd like to be able to get on with it now, but it will be a while yet, as said, due to moving. I'm pretty sure I can do it though, but the cooling system will be all custom designed, made or modified to fit.

All blocks other than CPU will use 8mm festo fittings and this type of tube can be heat shaped to go round tightish bends somewhat using boiling water immersion. Check the system link in my previous post as the watercooling system will be very similar to the tower system shown.

I'll probably run it so the fan sucks air in through the rad and out of custom slits in the case side near the bottom, but I'll try it both ways when done if it's possible. I plan to have DVD/CD rewriter in it but may have to ditch the floppy drive.

found another water-cooled shuttle btw.......... must be more out there people?

http://forums.devhardware.com/t7164/s26ab2a33919f016ee5a37dd35a3d1e5f.html :

I plan on Wcooling my friends shuttle SFF. But im not goin all out...be lucky to fit just the cpu and gpu block. Hey blade, what core is that? I was gonna cut a normal chevy HC up...but id love to know if one of the rite size already exists.

Mikeonatrike said:
I plan on Wcooling my friends shuttle SFF. But im not goin all out...be lucky to fit just the cpu and gpu block. Hey blade, what core is that? I was gonna cut a normal chevy HC up...but id love to know if one of the rite size already exists.

The Swiftech and DD GPU blocks won't fit.

Back