• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much water?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ILikeMy240sx

Im planning to prepare a coolant with 25% anti freeze and 75% distilled water with couple drops of algicides. I want to prepare about 5 bottles of these coolants because I want to make my fill process easier in the future.

Does anyone know approximately how much water the system holds? I forgot how much I had to put in mine.

I have CPU, GPU, T-line, L30 Pump, Chevette Heatercore

I think my system holds about a pint, maybe less. My method was simple, however. I just took a gallon of distilled water, poured out 1 quart (25%) and then filled the jug back up with Dex-Cool. That one jug of coolant mixture has lasted me over a year now.

If you buy 1 gallon of dex-cool and 4 gallons of distilled water, you'll end up with 4 gallons of this coolant for less than $10. Give 3 to friends as christmas presents and keep one for yourself. :D

hahaha wat an idea as a cheap christmas gift lolz I think ill try your one gallon jug method... Ill just use two jugs and separate the water into two and just keep pouring water into the other until all mixtures are mixed.

Water wetter foamed up my lines. I don't reccomend it. I switched to 15% anti-freeze. (Peak anti-freeze)

My system holds about 3/4 of a gallon.

If you put antifreeze in your system there is no need to add algecide I am told, and my system has been running with just water and anti-freeze for 2 months and zero green stuff.

Ehh ill just add a drop or two of that algicide since it wont do any harm. dont use water wetter it smells like hmmm let me quote from www.wc101.com

Red Line’s Water Wetter is a bright pink, smelly additive that is commonly used in water-cooling systems. Water Wetter does a good job of preventing corrosion, as well as lowered temperatures in comparison to untreated water. Unfortunatly, Water Wetter has a horrible odor that smells something of rotten worms mixed with bubble solution.

This might make you stay away and its true(his description)

Back