• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corrosion of Water Block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gjkuehl

I was recently testing my w/c rig before putting it in my computer. I ran it for a day using distilled water, and the next thing I knew was that the water had turned a milky white, with a coat on my tubes. I decided the best way to be rid of this was to flush the system and run it for a while with a mixture of water and bleach. I went to work after setting it up, and when I came back seven hours later, the water had turned brown! This is not such a big deal, but when I looked at the water block, a Danger Den Maze 4, the maze part of the block was a corroded green copper color. What can I do? Is the block ruined? How can I flush this brown residue out? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You should flush with "CLR". As for your problem, it could have been from your lines having a coating on them.

Back