• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tale of 3 pumps...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

heavy1

Hi all,

I just thought I would share my observations with you's.

I've been considering getting this pump/fillbody combo but was afraid that the 120gph pump wouldnt move enough water so I started testing.

The 3 pumps I have are..
1 - ViaAqua 1300
2 - 150gph pump that came with ahanix iceberg kit
3 - tiny adjustable pump that came with a tabletop fountain thingy

Heres 1 and 3. 2 is now in use...
pupms.jpg

I was running the via aqua in a large half gallon homemade rez. Load temps were 44° with ambient temp of 27.

Hooked up the 150gph iceberg pump, let her run for a half hour or so. Not a single degree difference from the Via1300.

So I thought I'd push my luck and try the tiny adjustable one. It literally had to struggle to even get the water flowing, but once it did, not one single degree difference. It was only when I started adjusting the tiny pumps flow rate down, that the temps started rising. It was adjusted so low that it barely trickled into the rez.

I realize that some water blocks require a high flow rate by design, but my mcw5000a/rad676 combo seems to work great at any flow rate.

So, the moral of the story is... I think I'll get that pump :)

Heavy

Back