• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New DFI mobos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nimblor

Anyone have any ideas about when there will be reviews available for the new DFI 875p lanparty(B) and 875p infinity motherboards? Especially overclocking reviews?

Infinity boards should be reviewed by now, I've had one for at least 3 or 4 months (its been rock solid as a server, maxed out my P4 2.0A 100FSB cpu @ 2.650Ghz...wont go any higher cuz no higher FSB settings for this cpu heh).

I875B boards should start showing up everywhere very soon...check www.dfi.com.tw and check out the reviews (we try to post them on the site as we find them!)

Thank you, I am looking forward to the links. I really enjoy the feedback people give here but I am also partial to charts and graphs.

I found and infinity review at

http://www.overclockarena.tk/

This part was interesting"
Some other external tests show how DFI boards do winning compete with also well known mainboards like Abit, Asus and Epox, so we can consider DFI 875 Infinity and NF II Ultra Infinity boards as best 2003 mainboards!
"

What is the difference between the INfinity 875 and the Lanparty 875 B?

The LanParty board is the one with the uv sensitive ports on it and the B version is the latest version. The 875 INFINITY doesnt have the uv ports and the pcb board is red. There is also a 875P Infinity that has a yellow PCB. I was considering buying one of the last 2. The 875 INFINITY and the 875P INFINITY boards are very similar in features and name and that makes it confusing distinguishing the two. I have been researching these two and this is what I got:
875 INFINITY has CMOS reloaded, 875P INFINITY doesnt.
875 INFINITY has red PCB, 875P INFINITY has yellow
875 INFINITY has Sata Raid 0/1, 875 INFINITY has Sata Raid 0

The cheapest price I found for the dfi 875p infinity is 131.95 and thats at axiontech.com. I coundnt find anyone that carried the dfi 875 infinity(red one) so I have no idea on its price or if its even out. Angry_games which infinity board do you have?

So the 875B lanparty is the same as the 875 infinity with colors and the 1.5 raid?

Actually the 875 Infinity also has ATA Raid 1.5. Basically it seems the 875 Infinity is the Lanparty 875 Pro without the colors and the whole Lanparty package that u get with the Lanparty board.

Has anyone found a site that sells the 875 Infinity?

I have these P4 boards:

Infinity I875P (newegg used to carry them)
Infinity I865PE (monster monster overclocker)
I875A LanParty
I875B LanParty

There's an I865PE LanParty board out too. Don't have that one yet.

Infinity I875P board is 2.7vdimm, PAT enabled, SATA + RAID, IDE RAID 1.5.

auto is correct that the I875P Infinity board is the LanParty without all the colors, cables, accessories, etc. Great board, maxes my 400FSB P4 2.0 to 2.656Ghz easily heh. Its my server.

The I875B is the latest revision, improved colors heh, SATA RAID, IDE RAID 1.5, 2.9vdimm, CMOS Reloaded.

I can ask Vivian who she has selling the I875P Infinity boards if you are interested (or the non-P 875 if thats what you are interested in)

So.. i just want to get this straight...

infinity i875p = lanparty i875b - cords and colors ?

what about the infinity i865pe vs. Lanparty i865pe?

Why does my head hurt?

again i dont have a clue about the LP 865, and I wont until after the first of the year when I move to CA to work in the DFI lab heh. Infinity I865PE is one of the top overclocking boards for P4 as far as I am concerned...the thing is a monster ;)

Infinity 875P is a good board, but if you are looking for ultra-performance, go for the Infinity 865PE or the I875B LanParty =)

again i dont have a clue about the LP 865, and I wont until after the first of the year when I move to CA to work in the DFI lab heh. Infinity I865PE is one of the top overclocking boards for P4 as far as I am concerned...the thing is a monster ;)

Infinity 875P is a good board, but if you are looking for ultra-performance, go for the Infinity 865PE or the I875B LanParty =)

Angry Games
Ok I got a couple question because I'm really considering getting one of these infinity boards.
1. So the infinity 875P or 875 is the same as the Lan Party875 B version?
2. What makes the 865PE infinity such a good overclocker versus the other infinity boards?
3. Whats the main difference between the infintity 875p and the infinity 875?

ok I was looking at dfi's website and i think i found the answer to my first question. I believe its the infinity 875 and not the infinity 875P thats the same as the Lan Party 875B. They both have the same features and rear panel.

And it seems the main difference between the infinity 875p and 875 is the 875 has the 2 RCA audio jacks on the rear panel. Also the 875P has only Raid 0 on the Sata ports whereas the 875 infinity has a Raid 0/1 on the Sata ports.

Nimblor It looks like the infinity 865pe is the same as the Lanparty 865( minus Lanparty package). I was comparing the specs on there website and they are the same and their rear panels are the same also.

Here is something interesting I found about the DFI 865PE LANPARTY from a review.. it seems to be a common theme through the reviews.

http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/dfilanparty865pe...

"With the little BIOS niggles, an overclocker may not want to run into the problems I experienced with the no-memory lock and the Super PATCH [PAT] enabling other unwanted devices [SATA]. However, with this aside there is nothing which would turn an interesting eye away. ...."

The memory lock seems like a problem but these all might be bios issues. ??!! The review seems to indicate up to 1.9 vcore adj. (look at the pictures)

DFI 865pe INFINITY

http://www.ninjalane.com/display.aspx?docname=infinity865

"The 865PE Infinity supports a wide range of processor and memory voltages including a maximum 1.975v on the Vcore and 2.9v max Vdimm. Not too shabby and well beyond what I would call a recommended voltage setting."

"the 3.0Ghz P4 was easily overclocked to 3.5Ghz though we did have a problem running our 2.4Ghz at 1000Mhz FSB. Further investigation is yet inconclusive but I suspect that the chipset enhancement is causing memory instability, a future BIOS revisions should take care of everything."

Another 865pe INFINITY Review

http://www.bjorn3d.com/_preview.php?articleID=344&pageID=480

and another

http://www.subzerotech.com/index/module/sz_articles_display/id/27

And another

www.hardwareluxx.de/pages/7664
(dated)

865PE LANPARTY vs Abit IC7-G Max-II

http://www.hwhell.com/index.php?m=show&id=172

DFI 865PE INFINITY current BIOS info / update

"PCB Revision A+
Date Code 2003/11/13
File 865PEINF1117.ZIP Size 290,199 bytes
Description
1. To expand "CMOS Reloaded" feature to allow saving 4 sets of setting. 2. To add the hot-key function for "CMOS Reloaded". 3. To add micro code of P4EE and Prescott CPUs. 4. To solve the audio bug when doing overclock. "

DFI 865PE LANPARTY BIOS info/ current update

"PCB Revision A+
Date Code 2003/11/13
File 865LDB13.zip Size 302,494 bytes
Description
1. To expand "CMOS Reloaded" feature to allow saving 4 sets of setting. 2. To add the hot-key function for "CMOS Reloaded". 3. To add micro code of P4EE and Prescott CPUs. 4. To solve the audio bug when doing overclock. "

Must be SOME difference between the 865pe lanparty and infinity, unless the BIOS is color sensitive :)

865pe INFINITY Reviews from DFI site...

http://www.legionhardware.com/html/doc.php?id=268

plus some magazine awards...

All this work and I feel like I am back where I started, torn between the 865pe infinity and lanparty boards and the 875 infintiy and 875B lanparty boards.. 4 way tie

ok i think I narrowed my choice to the infinity 865pe (so far). I dont need the lanparty because they have alll the same features and I dont need all those extra cables and doo dads.
Can the 2 Serial Raid ports on the infinty 865pe be used as reguler ports with out the raid feature on? I never had a board with raid.

Can the 2 Serial Raid ports on the infinty 865pe be used as reguler ports with out the raid feature on? I never had a board with raid.

Never had a board without raid. must be nice.. :D

Why 865pe instead of 875?

Well the Lan party's are out of the question because of the price? I'm on a budget. I can't find an online retailer that has the Infinity 875 but I'm pretty sure it cost more than than the 865PE due to the 875 chipset and 2 channel ATA133 raid. I also kind of like the idea that the Infinity 865PE gives you additional Sata ports instead of ATA133, its kind of like a looking towards the future thing, future ready. I wouldnt mind if motherboards didnt come with serial or parralel ports on the rear panel. USB is all i need. Plus the Infintiy 865PE has great performance according to the reviews I have been reading. Plus check out these benchmarks om DFI's website, the Infinity 865PE is just about faster than the Infinity 875. http://www.dfi.com.tw/Event/computex.jsp#Super_patch
Plus the Infinity 865PE cost like $115 - $119. I was also considering getting the Asus P4P800 Deluxe, but I like the DFI's CMOS Reloaded feature.

So can those Raid Sata ports function w/o the raid?

I am still looking for differences between the Infinity 865PE and 865pe Lanparty. They got different bios... Them lanparty cords and stuff might just be worth $42

Lanparty 865PE = $157 shipped
Infinity 865PE = $115 shipped
Lanparty 875B = $180 shipped
Infinity 875P = $140 shipped

(from pricewatch.com)

Wheres the Lanparty charts like these ones...?
http://www.dfi.com.tw/Event/computex.jsp#Super_patch

Back