• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my Hydor L30 be able to handle all my planned circuit additions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
I currently have only a Reservoir, Hydor L30 Pump, BIX radiator, and Swiftech MCW-5000 Waterblock in my circuit. Everything is currently working great (actually right *now* my system is in seperate pieces as I am awaiting my new motherboard's arrival) - and the water has a fairly high rate of flow. I am also currently using 3/8" ID tubing, and plan to "upgrade" to some Clearflex 1/2" ID at the same time I add all the below items and "overhaul" my system :) :).

I am planning to add several more "features" to my circuit, so that when it is complete there will be the following:

Reservoir - Hydor L30 pump - Black Ice Extreme 120mm Radiator - Swiftech MCW 5000 CPU Block- SysFX 80mm X 160mm Radiator (double 80mm fan) - Swiftech MCW 50 GPU Block - Swiftech Northbridge Block - Back to the reservoir, the circuit is complete. Pretty nice looking plan isn't it (I have begun working out placement and mounting etc. already - this is going to be a very fun little project fitting all this stuff into a new case in an attractive manner)?

Will my little 320 GPH Hydor L30 be able to push the water through all of this stuff, and several feet of 1/2" ID Tubing with "satisfactory" (near optimal performance) results? Will I need to add another pump to the circuit, or get a powerhouse danner Mag 5?

Thanks!

I really like my L30 as it is a silent little fellow, and is small enough to not be too bothersome in a very cluttered case.

I have exactly (well almost) setup (look at my sig) except for the Swifty NB cooler and a rez... L30 pumps fine and i doubt that Swifty NB is THAT restrictive to hurt your performance in general.

Thanks for the advice! :)

I have been testing it out and think that you are right - it should work fine - but I can always just do more testing once I get all the parts together and in circuit. The main issue is the second radiator...

it'll drop your flwo some, but should still be enough flow.

Got a link to that 80mm rad?

Yes I do. It is a double 80mm rad as well - you can mount two 80mm fans on it, or make a shroud somehow (haven't figured that out yet...) and use 4 in a push/pull.

If you want 1/2" ID Barbs on it (the weibsite only has options for 3/*" and smaller) just tell them in your purchase instructions and they will hook it up for no extra charge. From results I have seen these are really sweet radiators - the best part being that sysfx sells them in 60mm, 80mm, 92mm, and 120mm sizes!

http://www.sysfx.net/cgi-bin/cart.exe?cat=Liquid Cooling&sub=Heat Exchangers&pro=Radiators

*yikes*. Well - I haven't ordered yet, and might not now that this comes up... I may well end up just adding a low-flow restriction Heatercore to the circuit and mount it int he case ceiling with the BIX in the side.

I chose to use a Black Ice Extreme Radiator instead of a heatercore because it is more convenient for me size-wise. Sized @ 120mm even, this thing is easy to make a blowhole for, and mount. The performance is probably slightly worse than a heatercore's - but I got it for a decent price and am happy with it. So far it is performing well for me - in hindsight I should have gone for a cheaper Heatercore, but I suppose it doesn't matter to much. It also has shrouds integrated into it, so I guess I saved money there.

I've got a dual 80mm from sysfx and it works great, I had a few shipping delays from sysfx, but that was because of a bunch of tornadoes over the summer......

Back