• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E settings problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KVWire

I just built my new system,
P4 2.8C
Asus P4C800-E
Mushkin Level II PC3500

I find that I can't boot all the way when I set my RAM to 400MHz. When I set it to Auto it sets the RAM at 320MHz. What's up with that? Could I have something else set wrong? I even have "Configure DRAM Timing by SPD" on. I've tried manual settings there too with no luck. Help!

I just ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and got no errors. If I OC to 235 fsb with memory set at 320MHz I error out of Prmie 95 after just test 3.

Help

KV

Here are my Bios specs. Could people please check these for me. I want to make sure It's not my settings before I send this RAM back.

Configure DRAM Timing by SPD Disabled
DRAM CAS# Latency 2.0
DRAM RAS# Precharge 2
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay 3
DRAM Precharge Delay 6
DRAM Burst Lenght 8
Performance Acceleration Mode Enabled
DRAM Idle Timer Auto
DRAM Refresh Rate Auto

AI Overclock Tuner Manual
CPU External Frequency (MHz) 200
DRAM Frequency 400
AGP/PCI Frequency (MHz) 66.66/33.33

CPU VCore Voltage Auto
DDR Reference Voltage Auto
AGP VDDQ Voltage 1.50V

Performance Mode Auto

Thanks.

KV

Same here Can't run 400 Mhz memory with corsaire PC3200 LLPT (2x512). system just reboots. I cant run 1-1 (i know 1-1 will not work OC) or 5-4 ratios
P4c 3.0 @ 3.6
Corsaire PC3200LLPT (2X512)@384MHz
TEC water cooled CPU ( Hottest I've ever seen it 18 deg. C)

Configure DRAM Timing by SPD Disabled
DRAM CAS# Latency 2.0
DRAM RAS# Precharge 2
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay 3
DRAM Precharge Delay 6
DRAM Burst Lenght 8
Performance Acceleration Mode Enabled
DRAM Idle Timer Auto
DRAM Refresh Rate Auto

AI Overclock Tuner Manual
CPU External Frequency (MHz) 240
DRAM Frequency 320
AGP/PCI Frequency (MHz) 66.66/33.33

CPU VCore Voltage 1.7
DDR Reference Voltage 2.75
AGP VDDQ Voltage 1.50V

Performance Mode Turbo

Last edited:
Yup. The RAM won't run at 235fsb at 1:1. I got it up to 220fsb with 2.75v.

I'm getting RAM errors now, so I might talk to Mushkin about a tradin for PC4000. I have to figure out if it can reach 235fsb at 1:1

KV

I was under the impression this board only supported up to PC 3200 DDR, could that be it?

No, the board takes much faster RAM. It's a great motherboard. Check out the sigs at the bottom of posts for some of the experienced people on the forums. You'll see all sorts of RAM used.

KV

You really need to pick your RAM for your processor and OC speed. I was guessing I coud hit between 3.4 and 3.5GHz, but I didn't, so now I'm running my RAM underclocked. Not the most optimal thing. If you know what your CPU can do you should do the research and pick the right RAM.

KV

Back