• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A little xp1700 overclock inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[OC]This

Disabled
same ol' xp1700 chip,
little bit improved waterchilling setup,
Im there..

2,800mhz prime stable.

2800mhz_Prime_stable.png

thanks... the stepping is 0310 dlt3c xpmw.

the liquid temp is -10C. one of the pumps has been replaced which gave me 10mhz boost. I was 2790mhz stable before that. The CPU temp is around 14~ 15C. Gets upto 18C at prime.

yeah, it's prime stable. it allows me to play games when prime stable as long as I keep FSB within range for my system..

Last edited:
here's hexus pifast (v4.1).. this isn't for my best timing though.. because i'm not in the FSB contest rite now... concentrating on the cpu mhz first...

pifast_2.8ghz_54.65.png

Very impressive. Nice job with your setup...do you have any links to your actual system? I'd like to see what you did with the water chiller.

[OC]This said:

the liquid temp is -10C. one of the pumps has been replaced which gave me 10mhz boost. I was 2790mhz stable before that. The CPU temp is around 14~ 15C. Gets upto 18C at prime.

yeah, it's prime stable. it allows me to play games when prime stable as long as I keep FSB within range for my system..

woha.... what waterchill setup do u use for that? gimme gimme....:D

thanks.. sorry I've got no links.. no pics yet. I'll post the pics when I get the digital camera..

my waterchilling method is the deep freezer. Been using it for quite long time. approx. 40 gallons(150 litres) of liquid mixture is occupied in the deep freezer. This is the same ol' setup I've been using. Two separate loops(CPU & GPU) running to the deep freezer. Using two D-tek TC-4 r2 blocks. One for the CPU and one for the GPU. GPU is pelt'ed btw. The CPU isn't, just straight waterchilled. Equipped with Dual pumps and no radiator. Hoses are insulated including the part of the system.

Do you have any temp numbers on the difference between running the pelt w/chiller vs. just the chiller with a WB? I would like some info if you have any on that.

Nice OC. It looks like you might need some better memory?

Maxi~

thanks guys..

nah just using windows2000 pro SP2 NTFS with a Lucida Console text. My most fav os.

Yes, the temperature will boost with the pelt + waterchill than just waterchill. The colder your hot side of pelt the better cold side temp will be. The temperature you get out of the cold plate is determined by the heat you're getting, cooling off the hot side of the pelt. Many people fail to effectively cool the hot side off. With a constant chilled water not only it'll cool off the pelt but boosts the overclocking due to lower temperature you're getting from the cold side. I did not do pelt chilling my CPU because it'll generate huge amount of heat. I like to keep efficient as possible.

As for the memory, no, my memory is good. I told ya I just ran it at lower FSB and concentrating on the CPU mhz oc'ing first. Yes I have better benchmark numbers at higher FSBs of 222~ 225mhzFSB DC @ 5-2-2-2.0 + fastCPU decode with my xp1700 cpu. The bench was done a while back, with slightly lower clockspeed.

Nice overclock on the xp1700+, I have a 1700+ same week/ stepping...mobo i have been using is a major limiting factor considering i loaded up most all of my 6 pci slots and umm some cards didnt like fsb overclocking on my kt266a board. I think the only extra the board came with was onboard sound. Well, times have changed and lots of stuff comes standard with most motherboards i see for sale and figure I would upgrade soon :) . What motherboard are you running that 1700+ on anyways?

[OC]This said:

OMG, that's my stepping exactly! I have 2 of those.
is yours 26 or 27?

Back