• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eheim 1250 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jibby

my intake barb is a lot bigger than my outtake. the intake slid on pretty easily so i used some teflon tape and a metal hose clamp and no leaks but the intake i had to brutaly force onto it. is this normal?

Yep, it's a 5/8ths intake. if you have good tubing it should stretch over fine, if not you can get some 5/8th's tubing and a 5/8ths to 1/2inch adapter. If the tubing went on and is secure, then no worries.

J.

yup, you can boil yoru tubing in some water to make it flexible, and hten slip it over

but yeah, you beat me to it :)

k cool just makin sure they are supposed to be diff sizes. i got it over the 5/8ths with a struggle but i always win so :D

solo said:
yup, you can boil your tubing in some water to make it flexible, and then slip it over
Yeah I can boil some 1/2" hose (either thin walled or thick, I've done both) onto my 1250's intake in a minute or less but try doing it without heating the hose and you'll be at it for half an hour...

like I was the first time I did it because nobody told me about boiling it. :mad:

eobard said:

Yeah I can boil some 1/2" hose (either thin walled or thick, I've done both) onto my 1250's intake in a minute or less but try doing it without heating the hose and you'll be at it for half an hour...

like I was the first time I did it because nobody told me about boiling it. :mad:

Did you notice how thicker wall hose slides over the barb easier??? How is that? i posted up a Q about this before but no one answered... For me 1/8 wall slid over Chevette barb alot easier than 1/16 wall.... I couldnt figure out why

the thicker wall can compress more than the thinner walls maybe.

The thicker stuff retains it's rigidity better, especially when heated. The thin stuff gets too maleable when hot.

eobard said:
The thicker stuff retains it's rigidity better, especially when heated. The thin stuff gets too maleable when hot.

Ok that makes sense but I don't understand how that would help make the thicker tube slide better... I thought more flexible tubing would slide easier than a stiffer one.... Im confused hehe

i bet its thicker tubing is mroe stiff so its easier to push on due to it won't bend when you force it on. that was my experience.

Back